Getting ready to pull out

Reaction score
The well, septic system and electricity are done. My visa should be ready soon as I'm transitioning to a permanent resident. As soon as it is done we will leave on our three day trip through the mountains to our land, our new home in Cordoba.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Good going Bullfrog. Glad you are finally getting to move into your new home.
Hoping to see pix of all that you do to your land.

Reaction score
I got my fingerprints taken yesterday, the final step of obtaining my temporary resident card. Gloria was approved in Merida Friday for her Texas visa, so everything here is done, we just have to wait for our cards t arrive, maybe one week.

Pulling a travel trailer through the mountains of Mexico requires a little forethought. You sure don't want to pull it through the middle of town so you study the map carefully. Better yet, we will take an exploratory trip with the truck loaded as full as possible first, then return for the trailer. The road to our land is not paved and right when we get to it, there is a very steep hill to climb. If it has been raining (which it usually does daily) we might not be able to climb the hill and at worse, will slide backwards off of the road possibly rolling the whole rig over.

So, as soon as our cards get here, we will make the first trip and unload in the storage. Looking at Google maps I have found a route that avoids the city so we will just drive there and set the GPS. There is another flat road in that I want to explore for a possible alternative route avoiding the hill.

When we do get the trailer there, my work will be waiting for me as I add a large porch and a bathroom, the bath in the trailer is like a small closet. We are both very anxious to get to our new home.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Hope all goes well w/ the test drive and then the big one. I bet it will be a relief for you both to finally get to move out of the old and into the new. Get situated and start adding on. Another exciting adventure for you.

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
If you start to slip keep your foot on the gas ... Good Luck

Reaction score
When I got to Paamul I never planned to leave, so I took the wheels off of the trailer and cut the tongue off of it to make more room for the bathroom I had built. I had the guys put the wheels back on and winch it out from under the palapa. I had a slow leak so I jacked it up to take the tire off and discovered that all of the lug nuts were just FINGER TIGHT after driving the 20 miles here to park it. Thank God I did this or I'd have sheared the lugs off and been dead in the water on a mountain road. So, I got the flat repaired and greased the wheel bearings, we start packing today.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Thank Heavens you had that slow leak! Get packing now and get moving :)

Reaction score
We started packing yesterday and will continue today. Going to the storage to load the washing machine so we can pack boxes all around it.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
You're getting there and soon you will hit the road to start a new chapter in your life. A good one for you I hope :)

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
New and exciting trip!! Pictures if you can please! ! I will never get down there ever cause I am tied down here with puppies, Gardens, and ponds.. I get real stressed when I have to leave town and so I will just follow your happy trails from home! :cool:

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Happy trails to you Bullfrog
I think you guys need to get some horses............why not?

Reaction score
Happy trails to you Bullfrog
I think you guys need to get some horses............why not?

Burros JW, not horses. You don't have as far to fall off and they are a lot more sure footed in the mountains. Gloria's visa showed up yesterday. We decided to wait until Sunday to make the drive. It's a 16 hour trip and we didn't want to arrive on a Sunday loaded to the gunnels. We will stack things on top of the truck and the parking garage at the hotel is way too low to even get in. We are really looking forward t finally moving there for good.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Ok burro's it is then! How's Gloria's arm doing? Drive safely and watch out for bandido's.

Reaction score
Gloria's arm is completely healed. I had a 4 X 8 foot cargo carrier made to go into my Drawtight hitch. We look like the Yucatan Hillbillies, we have tables and chairs, a big BBQ pit and lots of other things tied on top of the truck. I still can't believe how much we got on there. Now it's a two day drive on twisty, narrow mountain roads with extreme drop off and cliffs to deal with. I have the normal concerns, the Federales, mechanical problems and such but no fears. God is leading us there and has a purpose for us. I will keep you posted on our progress and post some pictures.

Ask a Question