Getting ready to pull out

Reaction score
There is a Mulatto tree cut down next to my land. I'm going to see how it carves as I see a woman in that tree. The coffee produces a cherry, bright red when ripe. You pick them and put them in water, good beans sink, bad ones float. You can then either gnaw the fruit off or peel it. Soak them to make for easy cleaning and then dry and finally roast the beans. The processing plant is downtown and you can get a coffee buzz just smelling it.

You know I'll post pictures of the build. I have a lot of work to do building a porch on the trailer and a temporary shower/bathroom as the house will take at least two months to dry in. He is building a 3 bedroom home for $18,000.00. Of course, tile and cabinets will add to that but doing most myself should bring it in well under $35,000.00.

Today, we will do one more dry run to the land to make sure I know the route, then head back for Playa Del Carmen for the trailer. God be with us.

Reaction score
Well, we will miss Orizaba but we will be back within 2 weeks.

DSCF4695_zpsmkylj38n.jpg

There are plenty of good sized rocks to build the waterfall and the planters. I put a pack of smokes on one for size comparison.

DSCF4672_zps7ddd73jk.jpg

Our friend Dante getting a shine, there is no shame in shining shoes here.

DSCF4699_zps4uunqit2.jpg

Our village is named Chillpanapa, just like it sounds, you won't find it on any map. Even the locals in Cordoba don't know where it is. Another small village has a great meat market, the man lived in Delaware and speaks good English.

DSCF4702_zpswfa9nmvl.jpg

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Yes may God be with you on this trip. Bet that meat is darn good and healthy. A 3 bdrm house for $35K is unheard of here! You know you have to name your place don't you or do they allow that there?

Reaction score
We will name the rancho, and yes, the meat and produce here is all natural, no steroids in the beef, no genetically modified vegetables. We made it back to Villahermosa and will leave early again. I'll be glad to get back there and settled in.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I'll be glad when you get back home to your new place too. All this driving in scary situations and now w/the big trailer is even worse. Praying all goes just perfect! Anyways you have Gloria w/you and she's not afraid of anything :D

Reaction score
Thanks JW, I always blow it up in my mind into a bigger bear than it really turns out to be. On the Freeway, you actually forget the trailer is back there at times. When you need gas or come to the small, narrow streets of a town it's white knuckle city. Today will be a busy day. I removed the ladder that goes to the top of the trailer and lost the screws. I'll replace the screws today so I can tie the empty gas cans to the ladder, I lived in a hurricane zone so gas cans were a staple. We could still be affected by a hurricane there simply as a power loss so I brought my generator.

I have the 4 X 8 foot cargo carrier, but still have to get a washing machine, refrigerator, mini fridge, a large trunk, a table and 4 chairs to fit somehow.

The trip back was a breeze, all of the extra security on the way there was due to the protest scheduled for the next day, which we knew nothing about or we would have waited. The military simply waved us through, that "over eager" soldier we encountered before wasn't even there. I knew he wouldn't last long acting as he was. He eventually would search and find something on the wrong person, a friend or family member of the cartel and wake up with a new necktie.

We got stopped once by the federales, they asked how much money we had as the day before they stopped 2 Americans with $80,000.00 in counterfeit cash.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Bullfrog Generators are a darn good investment to own, what size one do you have ?
We own a "4 stroke"Clarkes Power 700 watt one for use both in the home and as an emergency back up for our koi pond and quite frankly I wouldnt be without one nowadays .
I flash it up every so often to give it a run and knock the cobwebs out of it but "touch wood", have not needed it for any emergency yet .
Best of luck with your removals and safe journy to your new home my friend .

Dave

Reaction score
Bullfrog Generators are a darn good investment to own, what size one do you have ?
We own a "4 stroke"Clarkes Power 700 watt one for use both in the home and as an emergency back up for our koi pond and quite frankly I wouldnt be without one nowadays .
I flash it up every so often to give it a run and knock the cobwebs out of it but "touch wood", have not needed it for any emergency yet .
Best of luck with your removals and safe journy to your new home my friend .

Dave
I believe it's a 5,500, they were reimbursing them and a chainsaw after hurricane Rita so it was a freebie.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Sounds like you have it all under control on what you are taking w/you and how you are making it stable for traveling so you will prolly be just fine. Still be careful and be on guard. I know you always are anyways. When are you heading back?
Oh man that is terrible on those people w/the fake money. Just think what their lives will be like now living in a Mexican jail. Wonder how long they will be in for?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
I believe it's a 5,500, they were reimbursing them and a chainsaw after hurricane Rita so it was a freebie.
Way more powerful than mine but they do roughly the same job and thats to keep the juice flowing :happy:
Good louck on your move

Dave

Reaction score
Way more powerful than mine but they do roughly the same job and thats to keep the juice flowing :happy:
Good louck on your move

Dave

Crank and run it under a load, such as a fan, once a month to keep the armature clean, change the oil every 3-4 tanks or whatever the manual says.
Sounds like you have it all under control on what you are taking w/you and how you are making it stable for traveling so you will prolly be just fine. Still be careful and be on guard. I know you always are anyways. When are you heading back?
Oh man that is terrible on those people w/the fake money. Just think what their lives will be like now living in a Mexican jail. Wonder how long they will be in for?

They will be in for a very long time. Frijoles and tortillas are all they serve, maybe some rice on Sunday. They don't even provide a mattress. Conjugal visits are allowed, but both of them are locked up.

I Google Mapped the street view and am certain of the route now. I plan on pulling out probably Friday morning. I still don't like the "detour" from Tulum to Chetumal, it is dirt and very steep downhill grade. There is a route through town from the other direction. I'll probably go back there and wait for an 18 wheeler to pass, drop in behind him and follow him before I hook onto the trailer, it's only 30 minutes and I don't like surprises... nasty ones, anyway.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
May God be with you and guide you every inch of the way. When you arrive safely to your mountain home you may find that your eyes are bigger from your dramatic drive

Make sure to let us know when you get there safely. How long did you say the drive should take?

Ask a Question