Getting There

cuesport

Pool Shark
Reaction score
Hello all,
I installed my first pond in June. I immediately realized that it was far too small (30 gallons). A month later I built a second pond (1000 gallons). While this pond is much better, it's still not big enough. I hope to build a 5000 gallon pond next year.
I have attached a couple of pictures of the new pond. We are still working on the landscaping. We just introduced the Koi 3 days ago.
Hopefully, with everything I'm learning from this forum and other resources, my next pond will be better still.

Attachments

• Pond 034-2.jpg
    Pond 034-2.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 348
  • Pond 038-1.jpg
    Pond 038-1.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 338
Reaction score
nice pond. I would not put rocks on the bottom in the next one. And may i suggest a ledge around the top where the rocks sit that way the liner goes under them and then back up. You can then fill the pond up into the rocks to cover the whole liner with water. I would make it a min of 4 inches. mine is shorter but if i make another pond it will be deeper. here a picture of the ledge around mine.
100_0152.jpg

cuesport

Pool Shark
Reaction score
Ya,
I still have a lot of work to do. The problem is that now that the Koi are in there, I can't stop watching them. The liner will be completely hidden when I'm done. I like the idea of a shallow shelf for the rocks. I may replace the rocks with landscaping bricks down the road.
Thanks for the comments.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Both digs at DrDaves. 2 different methods. The upper has a curb poured around it that is pefectly level, the lower has a level surface going to the bricks.

Attachments

• 2008_0629_LowerPond.jpg
    2008_0629_LowerPond.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 285
  • 2005_1210 Upper Pond.jpg
    2005_1210 Upper Pond.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 293

cuesport

Pool Shark
Reaction score
Very nice ponds DrDave. Good ideas for my next one. I think I'm going to need a 12 step program before I'm done LOL.

Reaction score
i kinda wana dig mine up and re do it all now i like that idea of the rock shelf i didnt even think of that, but oh well next time in the spring ill do another pond

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Stouty
Please go to the User CP at the top of this page and add your Location. It helps to knw where folks are since this is an International Forum.

Ask a Question