Glad to be here.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Dave and everyone. I've only had my pond for a year, it's 1000 gallons and I have 6 Koi and 2 turtles. And yes to answer your question, I have pictures lots of pictures and will post some as soon as I can. Thanks to all for the kind welcome.
Our own pond is 1,000 gallons too :LOL: cant wait to see the photos nor can my partner Val :)

Dave

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Welcome aboard, Glad to have met you on FB and found a new member here! Beautiful pond and yard.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
@Gloria K. I know that you were in the process of having work done on your pond. How has that been going? Hopefully, it's been [or will be] a 100% improvement for you, and with a filtration system that make sense.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
The guys came out last week - completely emptied my pond of gravel, water, everything the way it should've been done in the first place, power washed the entire pond, washed the gravel before putting it back in, installed a real filter with a UV light and backwash, also installed a real auto fill instead of The Mickey Mouse one I had before which was nothing more than an emitter hose stuck in the rocks. That was about nine days ago and the water is crystal sparkling clear. Now I have a real koi pond.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
The guys came out last week - completely emptied my pond of gravel, water, everything the way it should've been done in the first place, power washed the entire pond, washed the gravel before putting it back in, installed a real filter with a UV light and backwash, also installed a real auto fill instead of The Mickey Mouse one I had before which was nothing more than an emitter hose stuck in the rocks. That was about nine days ago and the water is crystal sparkling clear. Now I have a real koi pond.

:) Happy Dance for you! And so glad you were able to get this done!!! But be aware that you need to be checking your water parameters, especially if they powerwashed away all of your beneficial bacteria -- your pond will have to cycle all over again, and you need to stay on top of your ammonia, etc.. Do you have any pictures to share?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
I keep a very close check on my ammonia levels and all the other things like nitrites, phosphates etc. It has always registered zero so hopefully it will continue that way. I will have some pictures for you later today - maybe a video.
A few days ago I planted some water celery and floated some duckweed and Creeping Jenny in the pond. The fish have just about eaten the creeping Jenny completely ...they seem to love it. Am I going to have a problem with other plants? LOL.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Here are the pics.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    336.4 KB · Views: 198
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    331.7 KB · Views: 196
  • image.jpg