Glue liner to pvc for overflow drain

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello friends? What glue can I use to connect overflow drain to pvc liner? For the best seal for years to come? Thank you!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
IF ITS JUST A PIPE THAT YOUR GOING TO USE FOR OVER FLOW TRACE THE PVC PIPE ONTO THE LINER WHERE YOU WANT IT. I'M ASSUMING THIS IS AT THE SURFACE. THEN CUT A ONE INCH LONG PIECE PLACE IT IN THE CIRCLE THEN TRACE THE INSIDE OF THE PIPE ONTO THE LINER. CUT VERY CAREFULY THE INNER RING . USE SCISSORS ONCE ITS DONE PUSH YOUTR PIPE THROUGH GENTLY THE SMALLER HOLE THAN THE PIPE WILL STRETCH TIGHT TO THE PIPE MAKING ITS OWN GASKET THIS WORKS ONLY ON EPDM . IF YOU MAKE IT EVEN SMALLER BY x IT WON'T LEAK A DROP. BUT IS TRY TO GET THE PIPE THROUGH

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
United States
Someone glued it but I pulled it apart. I had to mess with it cause pipe wasn’t sloped enough and in raising it I detached pipe from liner. Can I make another hole I may have stretched liner bigger than pipes original hole. Yes it is epdm. Yes it is for surface for water gets to that part it will drain into pipe into back of fence. I’ve been constructing since April. I noticed water was getting under liner also. I’ve added pics when it was attached and after I detached pipe from liner. Thank you so much.

Attachments

• IMG_7787.jpeg
    IMG_7787.jpeg
    353.2 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_7256.jpeg
    IMG_7256.jpeg
    199.3 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_7794.jpeg
    IMG_7794.jpeg
    263.7 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_7789.jpeg
    IMG_7789.jpeg
    340.1 KB · Views: 7
Reaction score
Country
United States
I just now got what you are saying. That makes sense.
For new hole I’ll need to cut off that hole pull liner up to to start over I’d probably best.
One last question to prevent water from going under liner I have pipe going through cinderblock do I use concrete to prevent water from going under where pipe is. Thank you

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
If you do as i said above you won't have any water getting out through the side of the pipe there is not enough pressure to make it leak . if you are careful and make the hole a little smaller than the inside of the pipe" leave the line when you cut" the epdm will be tight enough you won't have a leak. try t on a piece of scrap if you have it

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I did that with my entire skimmer . the skimmer was the pvc pipe in this case

Reaction score
Country
United States
It rained non stop yesterday. I have water under the liner. I don’t have pump or anything on. The only entry point I have is the drain I had to fix so I could slope more. Any suggestions on how water is getting under the liner? Thank you

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
from previous posts you've made it looked like there wasn't a berm to direct water away from your pond its as important to keep the run off from getting in the pond as well as getting to it and leaching under it. but often water can g et there from below the surface as well if your drainage is poor you'll need to make a path of least resistance

Reaction score
Country
United States
Okay got it. When I had water in it filled I didn’t notice any bubbling at all. I did have more gravel and it was filled. it’s empty and I have the over flow drain opening now too when it was molded with concrete in the cylinder block but I had to rise the pipe. The end of the drain I have it filled with gravel at the bottom of my hill also. I wonder if covering that with soil will help that entry point.
I’m a 45 year old lady doing this on my own I’m almost there. Everything was fine I thought until I had to redo drain since water was coming back in pond.
I think I may need the drain to come from the side and not to the back where hill is. Mercy

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We have many industrious ladies here doing it on there own.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Okay got it. When I had water in it filled I didn’t notice any bubbling at all. I did have more gravel and it was filled. it’s empty and I have the over flow drain opening now too when it was molded with concrete in the cylinder block but I had to rise the pipe. The end of the drain I have it filled with gravel at the bottom of my hill also. I wonder if covering that with soil will help that entry point.
I’m a 45 year old lady doing this on my own I’m almost there. Everything was fine I thought until I had to redo drain since water was coming back in pond.
I think I may need the drain to come from the side and not to the back where hill is. Mercy
You are a spring chicken compared to some of us here :love:

Ask a Question