Going for it! phase one 12,000 gallon pond.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I can't believe how lucky I got finding that leak. Fortunately it was not behind or under one of the many boulders set so far and I just filled the pond over night and marked the level with a mason bit and this morning the water was at the same spot. LUCKY LUCKY LUCKY. The repair seemed to have worked even though it was at lap joints and edge of a drop off and a very tight area to work in. BUT IT'S A DONE!!!!!! Back to finishing the pond .

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Now you can relax @GBBUDD and stop
upload_2018-5-12_8-52-18.gif
upload_2018-5-12_8-53-46.gif

Glad you found it!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Glad you found it before all your rock had been placed.
Thanks cas
Thanks telion

Well one good thing came of it . I was not thrilled with the fish cave's ceiling that I tore apart looking for the leak. I replaced the top character stone with a piece I had been saving for a special spot well that special spot was disappearing as I am getting closer to finishing the large rocks

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
A rainy day and I had little choice I had to be out there and get a couple of the tricky items done such as the stairs 5 steps latter they are done and comfortable . The fish cave was re-worked which I like much better , The character stone at the opening was replaced and brought forward to the two boulders to each side of the cave. The hand split the other two pieces to match the other in the back closing up the top of the cave. Also got a few boulders on mid section of the tallest wall. But the rain has whipped my butt and I think that's it for the day.
FISH CAVE STAIRS.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Great progress and you are not alone in the rain taking a toll on timing and efforts in getting to the finish line. It has rained all weekend here too :(.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
That is looking great, love the rocks. Glad you found the leak easily!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
thanks Telion

Great job
That is looking great
Looking good

Thank everyone
Happy Mothers day
Hopefully the mothers who live close to me won't get peeved if I work today ! The only real noise is the back up alarm. OK AND MAYBE MYSELF HAVING A FEW CHOICE WORDS TO THE BOULDERS WHO DO WANT TO COOPERATE . Today is my last day on the rental though they owe me quite a few hours for break downs and delays but I can't count on that.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
LOL we inspected bee hives today....................Had to care for our buzzing kids

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
And it comes alive, now mind you I will probably fiddle with the water fall at least a dozen times before I call it done but I do love the look of the boulders in the water.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Before I even hit play this better be a 20 min video. Oh I am so excited to watch this.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
That is awesome and looks and sounds great. Need a walk around and some zoom in's. And yeah I agree some minor changes to the water fall maybe a few steps and set it back a bit or if you want that single drop maybe widen it and increase the height to make it more dramatic and less like it's being pushed out of a pipe. I know way to critical knowing how epic and well done this is. Down right awesome!

Ask a Question