Going for it! phase one 12,000 gallon pond.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
@combatwombat in the video to the left of the falls is one of those areas where the water is allowed to run behind the boulders making the land disapeer into the waters edge breaking up the chain of pearls as it is called . Though I did not use round rocks as edging rocks placed end to end all the long way always looks man made turn a boulder now and then sticking in toward the pond or out place a stump between boulders makes for a very pleasing look and feel of it being natural.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Thanks Lisa.
By next summer it will be complete and
by that time I have this project completed I'll be selling my house and move on, Ct has lost there minds

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I hear "opportunity to build another pond" in that message!
from what I've read from him so far, I'd wager he already has an idea of how to take it all with him...heavy equipment seems to follow him around!

TheFishGuy

( Insert something funny )
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
4b or 5a
Country
United States
Thanks Lisa.
By next summer it will be complete and
by that time I have this project completed I'll be selling my house and move on, Ct has lost there minds
Boy would I like to move into your house when you move, house or no house it doesn't really matter.........

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Yep it is a cool looking plant, mine on the dark stem it put up to flower is straight red. The lighter green stem it put up with buds is blooming half yellow and red then a few flowers are yellow with red speckled through out it. It will be interesting to see if it consistently does this. Definitely my favorite out of the all the cannas I have.
I love Cannas and the Cleopatra is one of my favorites!
All mine started from the same plant, I winterize the rhizomes and replant the next year, some plants grow more dark leaves than others.
I had one last year, that grew half branches completely bronze and the other half normally stripped, It is literally unpredictable and I think that's half its charm.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The moss I do love moss i feel it is way under rated and can do so much in adding life, contrast, ,interest, and appeal to an area.
The moss bog is taking root the sphagnum moss which was the ultimate goal apparently doesn't like to be disturbed and has been sl I w getting off to a firm start. Its hard to see as its a little here and there though theres on mass to the left below the iris shoots it has the little red plumes at the top .
While an other moss that I found lives at the edge of the stream fast flowing water and it doing very well
.welll . But I does n I t like competition. It likes to be by iuts self and not growing under anything.
20201126_162018.jpg
20201126_161017.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
This question gets asked over and over and i did a poor job documenting the build of my aquablox bog so here is a good video of who what where when and why to bogs .

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
That first video does an excellent job of explaining the benefits of a negative edge on a pond - no fluctuation in pond level is one of my favorites, second only to no skimmer to maintain.

Ask a Question