Going into Hospital for two days

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a (10 - 15 degrees F)
Country
United States
Hoping all went well! We all look forward to hearing an update.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Thanx everyone for your good wishes and a speedy recovery :happy:
As usual everything that could go wrong did , normally I arrive on time this time for some reason I slept through the alarm but got to the hospital fine and in time.
Had all the pre proceedure only to learn that there where no spare beds in ICU should something go wrong and I had to be taken into surgery so the whole proceedure has now been put back till next Tuesday.
I have a huge bruise in the crook of my elbow thanx in part to the warfrin , I suppose I'll have a matching one next week :LOL:
However Meyer is now in hospital it being Saturday best of luck my friend hope to catch up again soon :happy:

Dave

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Oh no, what a thing to have happen....get worked up to have the procedure...then not have it. Oh well, try and relax and have a nice week end :)

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
OMG, how did I miss this! Prayers and best wishes to both of you, and Dave, will be thinking of you a 2nd time around!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Thanx Colleen , I go back in tomorrow for my proceedure Meyer by the sounds of it hs undergone heart surgery, something my Dr wants to aviod but we'll see
I'm still a tad bruised from my last encounter hopefully this time around I get the proceedure I need :LOL:

Dave

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
No it is arterial surgery, bypass from his aorta (main artery of the body), to his femorals (main artery of his legs)
Thanx for the update addy would you happen to know how he is ?

Dave

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
No he has not been around, might still be in the hospital.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
An update on my proceedure is that they twice shocked the heart into its normal rythem yesterday but the heart steadfastly refued to stay beating at its normal rate .
My blood sugar it turned out was 3.6 which for a type 11 diabetic is a no no but this was put down to the fact I had been nil by mouth from 00:00am .
The cardiologist is going to put me on a 6 week course of Amiodarone with two other heart tablets dropping the Digoxyne [not sure on spelling].
Then at the end of this we will attempt the whole proceedure gain [fingers crossed].
Meyer and his own operation should now take prelivance and we wish him god speed a safe journey and a speedy recovery

DAve.

Dave

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
addy its not a problem , I have faith in the Doctors they will beat it , its just a question of getting the medication right me thinks (y)

Dave

Ask a Question