Val is going into hospital

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All
Some news that has got us both exited but also fills us with trepidation .
Val will be going into hospital on the 19/2/14 for major surgery undergoing a stomach by-pass operation to help her with weight issues brought about by her Muscular Dystrophy .
I know you guys will keep her in your prayors till she's back home with her loved ones and it will give her extra srength to know your all routing for her

Dave

Reaction score
Val and Dave,

Our prayers and our hopes are definitely with both of you and your families. We pray that the surgery itself goes well and is successful in its purpose and that God watches over every step of the process with you and comforts you as He stands beside you. Val, you will be in our every prayer and thought throughout every moment and we very much hope that this surgery will result in a very positive improvement in your life!

Sincerely and with much kindness from everyone here at GPF,

(I know that I can vouch for everyone that they feel the same as I)

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Well wishes to her and a speedy uneventful recovery...........Thoughts and prayers sent your way.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Many thanx but I admit to being worried Catfishnut.
Val fell twice the other day within 10 minutes I need to know that we have everything in place prior to her going into hospital because I'm peterified that she'll fall post operation undoing all the surgery putting her life in danger by doing so, "you can see my quandry".
We saw the Doctor this morning who assures me this will be so but authorities are often slow to act and time is of the essence if she's to safely have surgery .
However if this is set into place and my mind put at rest I'm more than happy she should have it .
I'll keep you all updated from the 19th onwards as to how things go again many thanx for your kindness

Dave

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Thanx Becky, Addy I've passed your good wishes on Val says thank you both for your good wishes and that she's heart set on having this operation in that it may keep her mobile for as long as she can condition allowing xxx

Dave

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
Austria
Hi Dave, Val,

I'm sure that the surgery will go without a hitch,,, i assume it's Derriford? I know a few people up there, and they're a great crowd. She'll be in good hands.

Fingers crossed :)

All the best,

Andy.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Thanx Neo, Andy yes they are a good bunch of people up at Derriford its the managent you have to watch .
Val is overwelmed by everyones generosity of spirit and speads kisses all round xxx
Dave

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
i wish her well. that God reaches down his healing hand. Yeshua took his stripes, that we may be healed in his holy name.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
good luck Val and all you need is family love and a good doctor and everything will turn out great .

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Just saw this thread Dave! Hope all is going well with the wife! I know how stressful it can be on the spouses, cause I was there last year when my sweet hubby had cancer, I was shocked and very stressed, to say the least! Things are much better now, thank God! But there was a time when I could not see the "light" at the end of the tunnel... I am surprised I never had a heart attack with all the stress, so don't forget to take good care of yourself as well, as you can only help her if you are strong too.

Will be praying that God gives you both the strength you will need to see that light at the end of the tunnel!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Many prayers to Val and your family that God will be by her side and guide the doctors as they do her surgery. God will keep her safe and help keep you at peace while waiting. Just trust Him,he knows what he's doing :)

Ask a Question