going to be over run !!

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I have a lot of small fry but I think they are all mosquito fish, they reproduce like nothing I have ever seen, they even end up in my creek. That must be one hell of a ride through the pipes.

Sissy is the trouble maker....

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
yes taherrmann............we all are! lol

I had mosquito fish in my arizona pond, they won't survive here, loved running up my stream. They balanced out, never had to purge them or any fish.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Well that is what i was told, I have not tried them here. Our pond does freeze over, had 8 inches of ice on it. utoh, diverting the thread ............opps sorry

Reaction score
was having a close look at the eggs today and i was amazed to see 2 small eyes looking out of the eggs and you could see the fish moving inside the eggs, amazing ! well i havent looked for anymore babies today as i have been at work, but noticed that the shubunkin is still fat with eggs, and the males are chasing one of the goldfish now !
i think ime going to get them some contraception !!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
It is love in the water mogsie! that time of year.................

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I also have discovered babies everywhere and in my plant rings also. They must have either squeezed through the tiny holes for safety or the eggs somehow shot up and over the sides and into the rings and the males were somehow able to fertilize them thorough the screen
flagwaver.gif

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Yeah mommie jw! Congrats, and off topic................lmao love your 4th of july gif's

great job! But then this is general chat and we know mogsie won't mind!

Maybe they laid the eggs on the screens and the lil ones swam into the rings first, survival! I was trying to catch a fry for a friend, it was interesting to watch the lil guy run, it would then dive into the side algae squirm around and disappear from view.................. can't see me can't eat me. Left that one alone, it earned the right to stay in my nice big pond!

It is neat to see them develop mogsie, I never saw the eggs, but sure did see the tiny tiny lil fry.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
mogsie said:
hmmmm damn topic diverters !!! lol :bouncycig::lol::beerchug:
ah chat away ! all good banter

not allowed................sigh...................the fun is gone

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Ever since that first stupid diversion topic now it comes up all the time .We all have baby fish at one time or the other why can we not talk or add to this topic about baby fish we have it is still about baby fish .Everyone suddenly sensitive .A fish is fish a baby fish is a baby fish no matter who it belongs too .Why can we not be happy when someone announces they are fish grandparents .Good gosh

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
nope fish you are lost in pond water mogsie .Oh well we all get a little senile from all this pondingLOL

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Every one is over run w/ baby fishes. Maybe they will start handing out tickets for off topic................almost like red light cameras...........can't get away w/ nothing anymore in this world. Litttle baby fishes are soooooooooooo sweet.......see I'm back on topic, it's that easy.......you just have to hide it in-between the lines
rolleye0012.gif

4thjuly30-.gif
fourthofjuly29.gif

Ask a Question