j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I strongly believe in the combined shopping trips and I do try to get my hubby to follow those rules. I have it down to a finely tuned plan each time we go. Have a little list of where we go first and work our way back home so as to not waste one ounce of gas. If he were planning it we would be all over the place, zig zagging and back tracking the whole time just like he does in the grocery stores. Drives me crazy and I usually say I'll see you at the check out line when you get done wandering aimlessly. Down one isle and then clear across the store and then back to the middle and on and on. We do have our own cars too so when he's on his own, he's on his own and he ruins all my hard saving plans. It's nice to know there are others out there like me. Hubby insists I am the only one in the whole world like this and now I have evidence this is not the case.

Hope John that one day your wife will have your crabs fit into her plan just right for the pick up :D

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
In my case it's a little different. I'll tell my wife I have to go by the pharmacy, and she'll want to run to a few other places, so off we go. By the end of the trip, the only place we HAVEN'T been to is the pharmacy, which closed an hour ago, so next day we do the whole thing all over again!
John

JohnHuff

I know nothing.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
Kyrgyzstan
Sometimes it's all very confusing. Just today, on the way back from the gym, she asked me to combo my trip and get some mushrooms in a box. But once I got to the store I realized that there were different sizes of boxes, different types of mushrooms and sliced and whole! I don't like combo trips unless they're all my errands. I think I'll sneak out next time.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I strongly believe in the combined shopping trips and I do try to get my hubby to follow those rules. I have it down to a finely tuned plan each time we go. Have a little list of where we go first and work our way back home so as to not waste one ounce of gas. If he were planning it we would be all over the place, zig zagging and back tracking the whole time just like he does in the grocery stores. Drives me crazy and I usually say I'll see you at the check out line when you get done wandering aimlessly. Down one isle and then clear across the store and then back to the middle and on and on. We do have our own cars too so when he's on his own, he's on his own and he ruins all my hard saving plans. It's nice to know there are others out there like me. Hubby insists I am the only one in the whole world like this and now I have evidence this is not the case.

Hope John that one day your wife will have your crabs fit into her plan just right for the pick up :D

I am the same jw, only go to town when I finally can't wait for food...........then have a list of 5-6 stores to hit, do in and out shopping, always have planned out a circle route. Not for penny saving, more for time efficiency, I HATE SHOPPING

Now honey take him to costco, spend more, more time, and he wanders all of the isles.

Usually can hit 5-6 stores in around 2.5 hours with 1/2 hour diving time to town.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I'd like to give the hubby a list of things to get at certain stores and have mine the same list too and lets see which one of us gets home first w/ all the stuff. He would still be shopping hours after me and I bet he would have to call me after I'd been home forever to see what kind of this and that these things were and what part of the store they might be in. Or he would ask the clerks but only as a very last resort of wandering down all the aisles. Cuz you know it's beneath them to ask for directions period :rolleyes:

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Went to the city this morning to replenish my insulin supply. Sweety came along. Met her brother at TIMMY's for a coffee, shopped for a replacement winter coat, had a nice lunch (salad). Will go back tomorrow to get the insulin!
John

Ask a Question