JohnHuff

I know nothing.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
Kyrgyzstan
Big Lou said:
When eating in a cafe or such what is the safest artifical sweeter to use for beverages?
Don't bother with artificial sweeteners. None of them are safe. Use regular cane sugar or honey, just less of it. Over a few weeks, your taste buds will get used to it and be more sensitive. You won't need as much sugar to get the same sweet sensation. I've been using honey in my milk and coffee and over time, I'm using less and I don't notice it that much anymore.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
The CBC News says she died in Calgary, I seen it repeatedly on the bottom of the screen where the news has written informatio just a few minutes ago, it is on the screen again right now, says WHO is investigating Calgary Bird Flu Death. I get regular updates on this H5N1 bird flu on my E-mail and there was a suspected case of human to human spread reported a while back. I have been following story since last spring, and that was reported in one of my emails....

I am getting better, no cold symptoms just a mild headache now from sleeping all day. Finally broke down and took half an asprin.

JohnHuff

I know nothing.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
Kyrgyzstan
callingcolleen1 said:
Should have taken the flu shot but I really hate needles and I have not been this sick for long time. was starting to think I was superhuman..... ha ha ha :)
Glad you're feeling better, but I'm getting a neck crick from looking at your 275 degree angled photo. Perchance do you have one which is zero degrees?

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Ha ha ha, your funny John!! It took me forever to get this shot just right where I don't look too wrinkled! He he he. Will work in a straight picture later, right now I am hagged out and hair is very messy from laying around house all day. Sick of being sick, getting a coffee now and going to do some cleaning soon, one day of laying around and the house looks messy!

Here is what the CBC news is reporting right now....

Attachments

• IMAG7876.jpg
    IMAG7876.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 147
  • IMAG7877.jpg
    IMAG7877.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 207
  • IMAG7878.jpg
    IMAG7878.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 182

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
I thought she died in Edmonton too at first till I read that, I think the news was not reporting all the details in the beginning. I was kind of in a panic yesterday after getting suddenly sick with very high fever, and then hubby told me about the isolation ward in Calgary... it could have just been a sick cancer person too in isolstiin, cause I think now I remember seeing that last year at that hospital when I was up with hubby for checkup. It was strange though, at the same time yesterday that I was getting a real high fever the breaking news broke on the H5N1 death here in Alberta. Must admit my mind was churning up strange thoughts....

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
MitchM said:
Hey, Colleen, something to take your mind off the flu - the Aurora Borealis may be visible tonight.
Check it out!
Wish we could see it, the pictures I have seen it is beautiful

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Feeling much better now thst I took the tiny baby asprin, Starvation has set in cause I never ate much so I am ordering a pizza and chicken wings, that should make me feel better. I know it is not organic but I am starved and tummy growling at me. Have not ordered a pizza for many many years....

I am going to maybe take the puppies to the outskirts of town to watch the northern lights... :)

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Wish we could see it, the pictures I have seen it is beautiful
The further north you go, the better it is! The colours swirling around you are unbelievable, and the electricity in the air crackles and makes your hair stand on end. Everyone should experience it at least once!
John

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
HARO said:
The further north you go, the better it is! The colours swirling around you are unbelievable, and the electricity in the air crackles and makes your hair stand on end. Everyone should experience it at least once!
John
I would love to, maybe we will come visit one of our northern ponders when it is supposed to occur.............is it one night? or last for a few nights?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
It's 2 nights this time, addy.
- but forecasting the spread of the Northern Lights is less accurate than forecasting the weather.
When a solar flare occurs on the sun, it takes about 3 days to reach our planet.
Too cloudy here for me to see anything last night.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
it was cloudy here too, so I could not see anything either Mitch. I have seen them from time to time and they dance across the sky with colors of green and blues, different shades, and they move like they are alive!

Back to this H5N1 death, I smell a coverup!! Why are the press releasing different information! The Calgary Herald reported Thursday that She was a woman...

11 hours ago the National Post headlines : Is it time to Panic? National post video attached from the Canadian press says it was a Alberta man!

Then I heard he/she died in Edmonton... then victim died in Calgary, then she/he was a health care worker from Red Deer Alberta! So which is it!!!

They all seem to agree that the victim did not come into contact with any birds or animals.... so how did he/she get the illness?

I never like being lied to, hate mis-information, and I smell a cover-up!

Ask a Question