United States
fake-bacon1.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
Whenever I see articles telling me how bad something is, I try to figure out a way how to make the same product with ingredients I think are healthier.
I'll make my own bacon and sausages now.
I will not be denied bacon and sausages.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
The big issue with bacon, as with most lunchmeats is nitrites, and nitrates. They're used in curing. OSCAR MEYER and HORMEL both make uncured bacon now.
HORMEL NATURALS has bacon, and Lunchmeats...hard salami..roast beef, turkey, and a few others.
Oscar Meyer has bacon, both pork and turkey. They also have Angus beef hotdogs and turkey dogs.
Parks Finest has a line of sausages also nitrite and nitrate free.

peter hillman

Let me think for minute....
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3-5
Country
United States
August 2015, i tipped the scale at 244. I promised myself I wouldn't gain another ounce even tho I had foot surgery and was to off my feet for 6-8 weeks. I was going to the gym 3 days a week to no avail, sure I felt OK but knew that I wasn't. So I stopped stuffing myself with garbage food and looked for a healthier way. My mother told me about "forks over knives"! A must see, read or whatever, but this information needs to get out.
My mother has turned vegan and looks better than I've seen in years, though I'm not quite 'vegan' I cannot remember the last time I ate meat other than fish or a small amount of chicken. Juice for breakfast everyday and won't get called out by hunger pangs anymore, my body works for me, not the other way around. Reduced my calories by probably 40% and NO more UN-natural foods. Why is our government trying to kill us? GMO's? No freakin way. Concentrated sugar additives? don't need em. Growth hormones in our food supply will keep you fat no matter how hard you try, it's not you, it's our food!
003.jpg

As you can see, I'm down to 209.8, the lightest I've been in 20yrs. That's 34lbs in 5 months and no, I haven't been to the gym since Aug. Do you really know what you ate for dinner? Another good read is 'Sugar, Salt, Fat'. Enlightens you to what's really going on at the USDA. Have a wonderful evening.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
My honey dropped 75 lbs since he married me. No diet, we do walk the pup. We just eat healthy, eat meat, most meals balanced, some not. . . We don't eat a lot of pure junk food.
Way to go Peter on the weight loss.

Reaction score
geez.....called less fast food, less eating out.... I have always eaten somewhat healthy, he learned to enjoy that type of food.
Glad you can take some ribbing Addy.

You see, for years I've been blaming my extra weight gain since we got married on my wife's cooking, saying it's her fault I'm getting fat because she's too good a cook.

Ask a Question