Good Small Pond Filter Idea?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Ok So I took some of my Pond water to the local Petsmart to test my water. They said that it checked out great and everything was in order, But I still wanted a Small filter since the Pond only has been up and running for a little over a month. I made up a Make shift Filter sort-of, out of a Irrigation Screen Filter and put a Quilt Cloth material around the Screen filter and in the first night I pulled it out after I stirred the bottom up and after about an hour the cloth and Screen were filthy! Bottom line is it works great and only cost me around $15 to make! I did this for clear water and will help anyone with a small pond and small budget! Here is the exact product I used, just wanted to share with everyone with small ponds :razz:
http://www.irrigatio...en-200-Mesh.jpg

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have never seen anything like that around here and that may work for my stock tank and wonder where you bought it and how big it is .Great idea also

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I bought some from farmtek.com, use it to filter the hose water, keeps the small rocks out of the hose end sprayers and the drip system.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I never heard of them before and all new to me .Are they small .Have to check them out .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Its not very big, About 8'' tall by 3'' wide and Mine was only $9 at Home Depot in the Irrigation isle. Ive noticed it does not let dirt through or anything bigger (100 Micron screen) and I keep changing it because it is catching so much stuff that the "mesh style" filter on my bigger 650gph pump cant grab, I attached this to my 250gph at the other end of the pond. With only a 300 Gallon pond I think it really helps and is a cheap alternative!

Ask a Question