Got eleven inches of rain last night, was a historical weather event in my area

Moni_Pond

Fish Mom
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
What exactly are they ripping up for the third time . I can teach a chimp how to roof and not have issues. Is there a valley crickets or dormers involved?

Unless you have a very shallow roof pitch and rain shouldn't be an issue if there's no wind. The ridge vent could have a splash issue with 11 inches.

But even a valley with the new underlayment if the water got under the shingles it should have been OK.

Even if there was no ice and water barrier.

Is the problem around vents and skylights ?

Good luck to you
It is a flat roof - not the whole house, just an addition area. The first time that they put it in they completely botched the pitch and all water sat on the roof like a lake. They ripped it up and put in some pitch, but where the flat roof butts up to the side of the house is where the water was coming in.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I assume they used epdm? Yes no pitch is not advisable even with drains you have some around the drain

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5b
sounds like they did a crummy job of flashing at the side of the house. Last roof I had done, I had the roofers run ice and water shield up the wall were the lower roof butts up against the house. I also redid the siding after that.

Moni_Pond

Fish Mom
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
sounds like they did a crummy job of flashing at the side of the house. Last roof I had done, I had the roofers run ice and water shield up the wall were the lower roof butts up against the house. I also redid the siding after that.
That is exactly the issue.

Ask a Question