great pump deals...?

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
if I get one it will be for my basement pond, so no large or hard enuff material to damage impeller blade. still debating. but I did find some very positive cutomer reviews on sunsun pumps out there.
I'm just looking to increase skimmer flow, which is strictly fines and venturied return for aeration.

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
If you do, please let us know your thoughts. I would like to move some water around in my pond and love the price and the GPH and the wattage so I'm hopeful it works for you.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
hey, my smartphone is ZTE so Chinese. and im happy with it, its been nothing but dependable. I have had several Chinese products that I like very much, including my 3 year old Laguna pump.

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Mark; If your Laguna is, indeed, one of the Chinese-made ones, you got lucky! On one such pump I had to replace the impeller THREE TIMES within five weeks! The pump was used in a garden fountain, so no grit or particles of any kind. The impeller blades sit on the shaft loosely, and engage a ridge on the shaft. It is this ridge that wore out, the first time in less than one week! Laguna was very good at replacing these parts, but I no longer carry their Chinese pumps!
John

Reaction score
BE AWARE, that SunSun is a company that makes probably more models of aquarium & pond equipment to various specifications, probably more so than any such aquarium/pond supply manufacturer in the world.
NOT ALL PRODUCTS ARE THE SAME, EVEN WITH THE SAME MODEL NUMBER!!!

Also since many persons in the USA & Canada have the perception that all Chinise made products are junk, let me correct this somewhat.

As an example, when a retailer or distributor approaches a typicial North American or European manufacturer for a certain product and offers a certain price point that is below what the manufacturer offers the product for, if the manufacturer agrees to the terms, they will get the same product off their production line for this lower price.

HOWEVER with these Chinese manufacturers, INCLUDING SunSun, if someone such as Amazon.com sellers offer a lower price point, SunSun (& others in China) will agree, BUT BUILD IT TO THIS PRICE POINT. ALL products are built to order, not sold out of inventory for the price paid!!

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?
This means that these companies, especially Amazon.com are successful because they sell products are low prices, that also cost them less too (better profits).
With the SunSun CUP series, most of those sold at discounted prices are missing these parts:
This was from this site, http://www.uvsterilizerreview.com/2010/12/internal-uv-sterilizer-filter-pump.html

I wasn't saying they were made each purchase but as a discounted wholesale item they are made with inferior parts. Sorry if I was unclear.
Ah yes, gotacha! Agree completely. It's sort of like saying if you get a Chevy Malibu, it's not going to have the same engine as a Chevy Corvette. The saying "ya get what ya pay for" is usually true. However, I would be interested to see documentation that shows that the same exact model number of equipment is built with cheaper parts. That would be interesting.

Ask a Question