Greetings!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
God forbid people see the truth. Like keeping chimpanzees , as babies there is NOTHING CUTER but full growth even though less then half our size they can kick our butts.
When we went to Chobe National Park in Botswana there was a horrible stench when we were about half way driving through to get to our lodge. There on the side of the road was a huge dead elephant that hyenas and vultures were picking apart. We got to see them in action the next morning. As we drove by in our truck the hyenas stopped what they were doing and all stared at us. Within two days just the bones were left of the elephant. The guides told us the hyenas are the most dangerous animals in the parks. They attack in packs and can kill any animal. They said if you tried sleeping in a tent at night on the ground they would rip you apart :(

JohnHuff

I know nothing.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
Kyrgyzstan
To solve this problem visually:

Size of bobcat vs cougar:
bobcat3.jpg

Size of Bob the cat vs man:
bobcatt.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
We had a cougar caught on our trail cam at our front gate a couple of years ago (posted in my pond thread), our dogs and myself passed by a few hours later.
I think the dogs sensed that the cougar wasn't far off.
Our dogs are 100-120 lbs for a size reference.
MFDC0440.jpg

MFDC0446.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Thanks. I never noticed this thread or if I did I didn't remember it. I posted the pic of the leopard dragging the impala by it's neck. I take no responsibility if people don't like it!
Hey it is part of nature........... I loved watching the cheetahs chase when I was in Africa. We did a tent safari spent 3 weeks out in the wilds.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I know the stench you speak of I found a big moose in maine that a car hit and within a week it was gone bones and all. Bears, coyote, maybe a wolf and ever other little ceature like raccoon and fox probably all had a meal. I saw this in yellowstone it was crazzzzzzzy
Hey it is part of nature........... I loved watching the cheetahs chase when I was in Africa. We did a tent safari spent 3 weeks out in the wilds.
I'd be willing to bet there were a couple nights hubby heard or said what was that !!!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
we saw a grizzy take down a buffalo in yellow stone I was trying to find the photo of the grizzly sitting on the buffalo

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I'd be willing to bet there were a couple nights hubby heard or said what was that !!!
lol long before I knew hubby. This was before first hubby. Went to Africa on my own. Also did a white water rafting trip for a week down the Zambezi river.

The lions would huff outside of the tents, the guides said do not leave your tent if you heard that. They would chase them away.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
tetons grizz (1 of 1).JPG
do not leave your tent if you heard that
lol Sound advice if there ever was some

just last year I went on a road trip and chased grizzlies for a week in the Tetons and yellow stone. rule number one don't sleep in the clothes you cook in. well that didn't matter too much seeing as I was sleeping in an excursion not only with the clothes on but the dirty clothes close by in the truck and the cooler at my feet with food in it and all kinds of junk food hanging about. Two things I kept very close every night . the bear spray" very reluctant to spray that in a closed truck but if there's no choice . and the safer bet was the cars panic alarm which I did have to use one night when I woke to the truck rocking. I was not in a camp ground but just pulled off on a little dirt road. I never did see the grizz but I did see his paw prints.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
we saw a grizzy take down a buffalo in yellow stone I was trying to find the photo of the grizzly sitting on the buffalo
TOOK FOR EVER BUT HERES THE GRIZZ
Grizz sitting on dinner a Buffalo-1.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I drove from the west coast to the east coast, and camped each night along the way, sad to say I never saw a bob cat. My poor husband although not a great fan of the outdoors was able to grin and bear it. I now know 100 percent that he will never, ever thrust any insect. @addy1 you are one brave lady heading to Africa by yourself, hats off.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
@addy1 you are one brave lady heading to Africa by yourself, hats off.
lol It was a spur of the moment trip, sort of. I had tons of pictures hanging in my ultrasound room, all animals. A patient, sort of pita patient, said if you like animals so much how come you don't go to Africa and see real ones! So I told her I am! Started planning the trip. Took 100 rolls of film.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I would love to see some of Africa some day, the one animal I did see here at home that confused me at first was a wolf coyote hybrid.

Ask a Question