Ground before placing underlayment and liner......

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I thought I should start a new post for this somewhat different liner question. I have had a lot, but have received a lot of help from many people here. My pond is dug out, just waiting until the end of the week for the underlay and liner to arrive. If it rains and the ground is wet is it recommended to wait until it's completely dry, or what would be anyone's suggestion on how to handle this ? It did in fact rain a little last night and the floor of the pond is just kind of slimy, not real muddy, I've tamped the heck out of it when I finished digging it. I do have some very heavy burlap that was used to ship a concrete bird bath, probably enough to do the entire floor if anyone thinks that's a possibility to use under the underlayment maybe to keep the underlayment from sliding in that slimy stuff if it's there. Thanks for any opinion's or experience with this issue.

Bill

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Meyer Jordan......Thank you once again for your response and advice. I will follow your suggestion and give it time to get to the point where it is almost dry, or as you say damp. No sense rushing it now.

Bill

Ask a Question