Guppy problem

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
And my Cory catfish that I had for years died mysteriously too, after I added the fancy guppies, probally got the guppy disease. The guy at the pet store said to add a little salt to water and that would help. Guppie disease makes the fish all clamp up their fins and slowly waste away to nothing....

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
That sounds horrible, Collee, thanks for sharing your story, I'll be more careful. But then again, I have way too many guppies I dont think I'll ever buy more lol.

My lone baby shubby is doing its job of maintaining guppy babies so I think I'll have less of the problem.

I have most of my guppies since June, their tails are getting longer and longer. The red one (my son's fav) has only one side fin and I thought it'll die soon but it's been thriving with all the others.

The 1st batch babies (4 of them) are now pretty big but I'm now worried that all are females. I thought one female and 3 males (from the gravid spot) but the ones that I thought were male still have not develope their gunopodium yet (they are about 6-7 weeks old) so I think they are all females :(

no more death in the tank since the last male from the store, the last female from the store is doing great... hasnt seen any male interested in her yet. But all my shrimps died. I need to get more, cheaper shrimp :(

Ask a Question