sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I measure the gph on the harbor freight one and it actually is 2400 gph by my timer

Reaction score
fishin4cars said:
I bought harbor freights sump pump last year. I can tell you this, That's one tough little bugger. I've thrown it literally in the back of my truck, heard it beat and bang around back there when I hit the breaks or turn sharp. yanked it out of a pond by the hose,(Never the cord) and had it run dry more than once. Energy efficient, I have no clue, don't use it long enough in one spot to really worry about it, But it does a heck of a job emptying out 1250 gallon pond in a hour.
I never considered any of their pumps, but I will now. The biggest problem I have with pumps are those that only get used sometimes, so one that kept working would be great. Electric use isn't an issue for these. Thanks.

SE18 said:
waterbug, I was thinking about getting HF's oxyacy setup to do some heavy welding, occasional cutting and a lot of brazing and tool steel hardening for projects I'm working on (some for the backyard train canal area). Hopefully the quality is good enough to where it doesn't spring a gas leak and blow up.
I've never bought one of their oxy rigs, but it seems like just the kind of device they would be good at making. Risk of leaks I think are always going to be an issue no matter the manufacturer. Did you hear about the car blowing up in Mass a couple of weeks ago? In the story I saw they said the "welding equipment" was an oxy tank. Unbelievable the woman wasn't even hurt. I immediately removed my oxy tanks from my wife's car I can tell you. Don't know where I'm going to keep them now. Maybe next to the oven or under my bed, some place safe.
SE18 said:
My HF angle grinder (drill master) crapped out on me after using it for a couple years, but at $16 it seems more cost effective to just get another one rather than spend over $100 for a really nice one.
$16??? Have to want for the sales, $15 today. However, for most power tools I do buy the best I can to make up for my limited skill. Little experience and poor tools never worked out very well for me.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
oh dear at least the wife survived the death car and now you want to do her in in her own bed or while she is cooking for you .I wonder where the story went from there .I wonder if she was well insured .

Reaction score
We have four little harbor freight (250 GPH) pumps, amongst our numerous pumps.

We bought Three of them about Four years ago, the other one we bought about two
years ago. We paid as little as 12.00 per pump on sale and with coupons etc...

Three of these pumps run 24/7 -- 365 days a year, they use very little electricity (20 watt)
They are amazing, and provide great little waterfalls all over the place.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have my first one I bought over 8 years ago a 1250 gph one and it was 22 dollars with all the fittings from them and still works great my neighbor has been using it now 2 years as her expensive pump kept having problems and company finally gave her the money back on it after failing to fix it correctly 3 times .She kept spending all the money shipping it back and finally they gave her the money back .

Reaction score
Love HF, they have neat little gadgets, I could browse forever lol. I bought my 2400gph pump there and the paper had a 20% off coupon. You can also spend 12$ more for the warranty on the pump and they make it a life time replacement. :)

Reaction score
I might pick this up but no idea what the output diameter is.
sissy said:
I have the one for they put onsale and bought it 3 years ago .It was 99 sale put it at 79 and then I had 20 % off coupon and not one problem yet

I still have this one too neighbor loves it

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
The only pond stuff they sell at mine are pumps. Got something like a 250+ gph pump for $7 last summer.
They do have a lot of other stuff for cheap there. mostly tools, some garden tools.. I got a nice headlamp for $2 and I use it every night if i'm looking for frogs or fish.. i even use it when i'm riding my bike at night. its unbelievably bright.

Reaction score
I like harbor freight, used to be one an hour away but one opened up between work and home...next to PetsMart no less! I picked up small 265gal (labeled) pump last week for the Intex kiddie pool I'm trying to raise some fry in. I spent about $30 with a warranty, since I wasn't sure it would hold up, they will replace it if I have any issues. I saw that bigger pump there I think they have it for $79, I was tempted but don't need it, but glad to know in a pinch I could probably use that...and afford it.

The pump I picked up seems pretty decent, the plastic is a little cheap so I made sure not to torque anything to hard. I picked up a short section of half inch clear tubing that I ran into PVC pipe in a trash can that will act as a skippy filter in my "fry pond" kiddie pool. I can't use it yet however as suction is to strong for the fry and a couple have been sucked in :( despite efforts with quilt batting and a mesh bag. But I know it will do the job when they get bigger.

Reaction score
The only thing I dont like about the harbor freight 250gph pump is it is a pain in the butt to take off the bottom piece for cleaning but if you keep a pocket knife or a flat head screw driver around its just fine ive had this little thing for 8 months running 24/7 and no problems and I got two more but they are back ups, you really cant beat there prices especially when they are going out of season and they work great butt for anything 2500gph and above I would look on ebay for some jeboa pumps cause they are like 70-80$ for a 4200gph and I havent had a problem with it at all and its another I run 24/7

Ask a Question