HARBOR FREIGHT

Reaction score
I only this year discovered HF.

Hubby needed another drill a couple months ago, and I was being cheap, so sent him there. He isnt available for me to ask, but it was about $50 I think. Good thing he got the warranty, as after putting in a handful of timber loks, it caught fire LOL. He went right in, and there was NO ISSUE with bringing it back, other than to warn the gal that the box was warm and not to trust it. He outright asked for his money back, including the warranty purchase, and bought a bigger one instead, with the warranty of course LOL. IMO nothing replaces high quality power tools, BUT if it is only something you will use once in awhile, WITH WARRANTY, it is worth the gamble.

As to their pumps ... was referred to them by another group member... now have 3 of their 2150 gph pumps, and no complaints yet.

HTH

Howard
Reaction score
It is a mixed bag.

I bought their top of the line wood working lathe and the little handles to adjust this and that stripped out. Weak pot metal.

The metal chop saw I have works great. The selection of wheel pullers do the job. The impact sockets work.

I picked up a cheap drill from them that was so cheap it did not have an automatic charger. That did not last long as it fried the battery.

ididntdoit99

ididntdoit99
Reaction score
2 of my three pumps are from harbor freight, as well as many of the tools in my garage. There is one store about 45 minutes away, but I do most of my shopping online, whenever i actually walk in the store i come out with 10 things I didn't plan on buying :)

I bought my little 90 amp flux core welder from them, don't use it much, but seems to get the job done on the couple of mufflers or simple brackets i have welded with it.

Also bought my first reciprocating saw from there, when we were tearing down some offices inside our building, Went saw to saw with another guy using a Milwaukee and mine cut just as good as his did, but it liked to get warm pretty fast. Had to take more breaks and let mine cool down, but still got the job done, that thing lasted me a couple of years, and probably would have kept going for more but I was cutting some branches that had fallen in my yard (big 8-10 inch diameter branches) and I ended up overheating the motor, it was so hot out already i didn't notice how hot the saw was actually getting.

Reaction score
We can get any type of pond items from them depend upon you. such as
Submersible Waterfall Pump, fountain pumps, Solar Powered Fountain Pump ect.

Reaction score
Sissy the first pump you have listed that you paid 79$ for, I was going to buy that but at the moment my pond is so full of alegy I thought it would clog it up. do you cover it with a net?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
no I just clean it off with peroxide and water and scrub with a brush.The pump can be taken out of the cage also and used as an outside pump .If you have lots of algae I would buy a 5 gallon bucket and drill holes in it and put just the pump in the bucket with lava rock around it .It will need pulled at least once a month though .I do that with my pump in the winter and my pump is around 4 years old so I must have gotten a good one .found warranty as I bought the extended one and i bought the pump july 31 , 2009 I paid 49 dollars as I had a 25% card from there ad and my birthday money from harbor frieght .They send it to you every year when you sign up

Reaction score
Sissy, I went to Harbor freight and purchased the pump you have pictured first for the $79, and it says it is not to be used around children or fish! Do you have it in the pond or out of it? and how do you have it set up? I am going to have a plant bog.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Have it in the pond and they are just being cautions because no matter what electric and water do not mix .Never ever pull a pump by it's cord or bang around .Never had a problem yet with a harbor freight pump

Reaction score
Bought a small bench lathe hundreds less at list then else where and then handed them a 20% off coupon. Unbelievable.
Some of the stuff is pure manure but most is good if not for heavy sustained shop use.

Ask a Question