Hardy lily tubers for shipping costs

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
OK, I decided while I am dividing my lily tubers, I'll once again ship them to those who would like one or more just pay for the shipping. In the past when I have done this, I can tell you that the tuber and attached lily pads are usually very large. I have a few plants that are smaller, but thinking it's the difference in the ponds - koi vs. goldfish. Anyhow, I won't guarantee colors, but will do my best. I know I have LOTS of pink, different shades from medium to dark. My Georgia Peach is blooming for the first time today, so I will know which plant is that one. I may only have a couple of the GA Peach to send. I think I have a second plant, but not positive which one it is at the moment. I have white, too.
Keep in mind, some tubers are fairly large and will be heavier. I think the flat rate boxes that these will fit in if you want more than one small one is probably going to be in the $12-15 range. But, I will put as many in the box as will fit, and as you are interested in. I also know how to "get your money's worth", and have other boxes that don't go by the flat rate, sometimes cheaper. I'll do my best to get you the most for your shipping money.
Please PM me if you are interested, what colors you would like (again, I'll do my best), and how many you want. Some of my lilies (GA Peach and the dark and medium pink in the goldfish pond) make a plant that is at least 3' in diameter, maybe bigger, depending on your pond nutrients, I think, so keep that in mind. I going to do the dividing later today, and if I don't get time, it will be next weekend. I will try to ship on a Monday. So, get your request in ASAP, as once they are gone, that's going to be it.
Oh, and while I'm on here, if anyone wants any Penny Wart or Water Parsley, both bog plants, both can be very invasive, but are great water filter plants in a bog ...., let me know. They are going nuts! I've been pulling it and tossing it left and right, so will be happy to send you a large amount of either, especially the penny wart. Both of these are really healthy this year, growing to 12-18" tall. Will post pics later of the lilies I have blooming right now, they don't seem to want to download at the moment.
Patti

Reaction score
Hi Patti. I tried to send you a PM from Addy's thread but apparently you never got it. I'll try again. I'm just starting out and would be interested in any lilies or other plants. Being on a fixed income , buying things is difficult so this would be great and would be happy to get plants for the shipping!
Thanks;
Mike

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Got your message, Mike. I got most of my plants from Addy and JW when I first started 3 years ago, so I call it paying forward. :) This will be my 3rd year sharing lilies and 2nd year sharing other plants.
I have tried 3 times throughout today to post pics of the plants and the lilies, and all that will upload is this one pic of a pink lily. I will try again in the a.m. to post some pics of the water parsley and penny wart.
021.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Thanks so much, Addy! I really appreciate it, especially since my pics are not uploading. Getting really irritated with my ISP .... never can upload any pics anymore. Frustrating .... to say the least. :(

Reaction score
Thanks Patti. You have my info. The Lillies are beautiful ! I'll watch for your pictures of the marginals.
Mike

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
I didn't get a chance to pull any lilies last weekend. Will let those of you who have asked for them know when I get it done, though. I have you on my list, if you messaged me. Here (FINALLY) are the pics of the bog plants that I have to share. I could even send a few cattails, if anyone is interested. I will tell you with the cattails, they are about 4' tall, and I would have to cut them all the way down, which won't hurt them in the least, but just want you to know that is how they would have to be shipped.
Well, only could get one pic to upload. This is the Penny Wart. It typically is only about 12" tall, but mine is taller, maybe up to 18" from the gravel to the top. Growing very well, as you can see. The roots tend to be a ball mostly on top of the gravel, in the 1-2" of water that I have on my bog surface. They obviously love the area. I have a close up of this plant, but can't post it. ISP problems .... :( But I think you can see the plant pretty well anyhow.
022.JPG

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Nice Lillies Addy! How many years have you been water gardening ?
Mike
around 30ish years, counting ponds in arizona, that started out as a few hundred gallons to my last one there, 14k gallons to this one that is ?? gallons with 8 small ponds flowing into it.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Well, only could get one pic to upload. This is the Penny Wart. It typically is only about 12" tall, but mine is taller, maybe up to 18" from the gravel to the top. Growing very well, as you can see. The roots tend to be a ball mostly on top of the gravel, in the 1-2" of water that I have on my bog surface. They obviously love the area. I have a close up of this plant, but can't post it. ISP problems .... :( But I think you can see the plant pretty well anyhow.
View attachment 71375
my penny wart died, which makes no sense, since it is a hardy, it is gone from all the ponds and the bog.

Reaction score
That's a long time Addy. No wonder you are so expierenced ! The pennywart is beautiful Patty and hope I can get some. Will it survive the winter?
Thanks again ;
Mike

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
My pennywort came from you CE last summer. :) it survived the winter but is sparse and puney. :( Yours looks very lush, must indeed love your bog.
I just have mine tucked in amongst the rocks on the edge.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Mine looked great survived every winter until this last one, i am watching for it to come back, but everything is so far behind in starting even the lilies, just now blooming. Usually in late april I have flowers. My veg garden is just now growing, tomatoes way behind. other plants just now going and it is mid june.

Ask a Question