Hardy lily tubers for shipping costs

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
They came to my house checked out my internet today, and hopefully found something wrong, as I'm able to post pics again it appears! Addy, I would be happy to share some penny wart back to you! I literally have gobs of it. No way I will ever run out. No water clover came back this year, though, which is fine with me. So, have one side with penny wart, the other side with water parsley. Here is the penny wart up close, and yes, Mike, it should survive winter, if it's established. I'm in south central IL, but pretty sure it will be fine up to zone 5 at least. Last year I kept the bog flowing all winter long, in that dreadful sub zero weather we had, and it was even covered with about 2' of snow for a few weeks, and did great. As I said, this stuff seems to be on top of the pea gravel, matted really thick with roots, so what I send should do very well, as it's lighter weight than say lily tubers, and I will leave all the stems and leaves attached.
024.JPG

This here is the water parsley (some call it water celery, so take your pick) from back farther and up close. It also grows very well, but again, beware that if it doesn't do well this year, next year it will be better, and the following year WATCH OUT! Be prepared to share it with others. LOL Last year was my 3rd year with penny wart, and the best year, until this year.
023.JPG
025.JPG

Reaction score
That's great Patty! Maybe if things grow the way they have for you, I'll be paying it forward and sharing with others as you and Addy have.
Mike

Reaction score
OK, I decided while I am dividing my lily tubers, I'll once again ship them to those who would like one or more just pay for the shipping. In the past when I have done this, I can tell you that the tuber and attached lily pads are usually very large. I have a few plants that are smaller, but thinking it's the difference in the ponds - koi vs. goldfish. Anyhow, I won't guarantee colors, but will do my best. I know I have LOTS of pink, different shades from medium to dark. My Georgia Peach is blooming for the first time today, so I will know which plant is that one. I may only have a couple of the GA Peach to send. I think I have a second plant, but not positive which one it is at the moment. I have white, too.
Keep in mind, some tubers are fairly large and will be heavier. I think the flat rate boxes that these will fit in if you want more than one small one is probably going to be in the $12-15 range. But, I will put as many in the box as will fit, and as you are interested in. I also know how to "get your money's worth", and have other boxes that don't go by the flat rate, sometimes cheaper. I'll do my best to get you the most for your shipping money.
Please PM me if you are interested, what colors you would like (again, I'll do my best), and how many you want. Some of my lilies (GA Peach and the dark and medium pink in the goldfish pond) make a plant that is at least 3' in diameter, maybe bigger, depending on your pond nutrients, I think, so keep that in mind. I going to do the dividing later today, and if I don't get time, it will be next weekend. I will try to ship on a Monday. So, get your request in ASAP, as once they are gone, that's going to be it.
Oh, and while I'm on here, if anyone wants any Penny Wart or Water Parsley, both bog plants, both can be very invasive, but are great water filter plants in a bog ...., let me know. They are going nuts! I've been pulling it and tossing it left and right, so will be happy to send you a large amount of either, especially the penny wart. Both of these are really healthy this year, growing to 12-18" tall. Will post pics later of the lilies I have blooming right now, they don't seem to want to download at the moment.
Patti

Oh me, me, me!!! I'll pm you. I don't have anything yet and just about fainted when the pond placed charge $40 for their lilies!!!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Mine looked great survived every winter until this last one, i am watching for it to come back, but everything is so far behind in starting even the lilies, just now blooming. Usually in late april I have flowers. My veg garden is just now growing, tomatoes way behind. other plants just now going and it is mid june.
I agree, my lilies are just now starting to bloom, very late for us too

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
I still can't figure out how come all the lilies in the koi pond have very small pads, maybe 3" across, and all the lilies but one in the goldfish pond have huge leaves more like 6" across. Small is good, though, takes up less room, and I think those have smaller flowers. OR, it may be that I have not fertilized yet this year. And, last year, when the GA Peach and others were sooooo huge, I wondered if I overfertilized. Now I know it's just those plants.
And, I don't think I mentioned on here yet, but this weekend I plan to work on lilies and pulling plants from the bog. So, get your orders in ASAP, and I'll fill them as people have requested them, in that order. Pretty sure I'll have plenty to go around. I have at least 10 lily containers, so that means at least 3-8 tubers per container ... you do the math. LOL And, in the bog, penny wart and water parsley are abundant. Also have some cattails to share. If you PMd me, I have you on my list.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
All lilies are packed up and gone. Thanks to everyone for your requests! Also sent out quite a few water parsley and penny wart. Still have TONS of penny wart, if anyone is interested, and plenty of water parsley, if anyone would like either of those. But, be aware, they are invasive, grow VERY fast once established. Mine took until their second full year before they really took off. They are both excellent water filter plants in a bog.

Reaction score
What a HUGE BLESSING!!!! $360.00 OR MORE!!! worth of lilies arrived today!! 2 plants are flowering!!!!! You are the Bestest pond plant giver I've ever met!! The only one I've met so far!!!!

Its storming like cats and dogs around here but I put them in a tote right away with a clay mud mixture and will pot them up tonight after I get the supplies you stated in your awesome instructions.

I have them plotted and mapped so I know which came from which bag you labeled.

I can't wait to regift to another person and make their year!!! Here is a pic of the temp housing until tonight.
IMG_1145.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Great pic! Thanks for sharing it. Some plants had more leaves on them than others, but all were pretty good sized tubers. I cannot stress enough, that once the penny wart and water parsley get established, like next year or maybe even the following, it will really grow and spread fast. I love it in my goldfish pond bog, but none is allowed in koi pond bog, only because I want that to be a "neat and tidy" bog. LOL Love the "wall" effect it makes on the other bog, though. Enjoy!!!

Reaction score
Hi
Great pic! Thanks for sharing it. Some plants had more leaves on them than others, but all were pretty good sized tubers. I cannot stress enough, that once the penny wart and water parsley get established, like next year or maybe even the following, it will really grow and spread fast. I love it in my goldfish pond bog, but none is allowed in koi pond bog, only because I want that to be a "neat and tidy" bog. LOL Love the "wall" effect it makes on the other bog, though. Enjoy!!!
Patti

Reaction score
IMG_1162.JPG
IMG_1161.JPG
I wanted to send this pic before I forget and it gets lost for years on my camera! 2 itty bitty, skinny leaves coming from the G.P. root!!!! I have also have gotten 3 pink lilies to bloom. And this is while they are potted(per your instructions) and waiting in a tote with a bit of circulation. You sure do grow healthy plants. I can't wait to show you pics of them in the pond in a couple weeks.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
If your lilies have blooms, I'd put them in your ponds, unless you have fish that will unearth them! Great job, glad the GP is sprouting. I know some of the GP I sent out were ready to bloom, too, and then some were only tubers, but I was hopeful. Thanks for the pics. :)

Ask a Question