HAVE MISSED DAVE 54 .....

JohnHuff

I know nothing.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
Kyrgyzstan
WB seems to have gone too. It's too bad, I guess the last series of bad exchanges between him and some forum members was the last straw.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
JohnHuff said:
WB seems to have gone too. It's too bad, I guess the last series of bad exchanges between him and some forum members was the last straw.
Too bad. Maybe he's [WB] just lurking.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Yeh seems like when some get into a discussion it becomes an attack and just seems like a train headed to no where and no place .We can agree to disagree is my motto .I just back off and say enough is enough we are all human and intitled to our own opinions .Everything in ponds is try it and if it works for you then do it if it doesn't then try something else .Never been that perfect idea out there that works for every one and never will be .We are to different and live in to many different weather zones .Gosh Tammy's pond is right across the street from me and it can be 5 to 10 degrees warmer down there than my house up on the hill exposed to the wind and she is protected by the trees .

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Back to Dave -- anybody in contact regularly? I sent a PM, but if he's ill, may not be checking his mail. I know he's got pre-existing health problems, so any illness on top of that is worrisome.

JohnHuff

I know nothing.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
Kyrgyzstan
I'm sure WB is active, he's just avoiding this place. How is he at koiphen, is he his usual self there?

Reaction score
Unless you want to get into some seriously expensive koi keeping or advanced filtration methods, I don't really think there is any need to join Koiphen. Although, improving your knowledge is always good. It is a great site, but really it goes beyond what most of us garden pond people want or need. I find Waterbugs posts there to be good. I have not read a ton of them but I do find they are much more helpful than +some+ of what I have read here. This is just my opinion but I think that forum is full of very smart people and in order to be accepted as a worthy poster there, you have to keep your posting top notch.

JohnHuff

I know nothing.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
Kyrgyzstan
I've posted on Koiphen before. It's just a very specific type of forum, no more different than a forum that specializes in bettas or duckweed. Every forum has it's uses. But of all the forums I looked at and participated in, GPF has the best atmosphere and camaraderie. Where else would they allow me my idiotic posts?

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
JohnHuff said:
Where else would they allow me my idiotic posts?
Idiotic? I have never seen idiotic post from you.......................lame, funny, good, casual, cute
I enjoy this forum we enjoy the company of each other, able to express our thoughts, most of the time, without being trashed. Sort of the like the chat room I met my honey in.
We have become virtual friends. Here you don't have to worry about every word you type, most of the time, lol

Ask a Question