Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
Here is a picture from a while back of some of my fish including one of the 3 silver or white as I call them koi who I lost in the flood and washout. I have to admit that when I first got koi I thought they would be pets but did not expect a real attachment due to the relatively ambiguous interaction since you really only observe them but don't interact like you would with a creature you can pick up. That being said, the loss of the three in particular really struck a nerve and I only hope that I can get more koi once the ponds are repaired and prevention measures are put in place although a flood is not really something you predict nor can you really guard against it 100%. Anyway I did get them buried so in a small way it was comforting to at least know where they were and their fate as bad as it was.
12190840_967507866618765_8429997266755312079_n.jpg

Smaug

God makes perfect. I just dug the hole
Reaction score
Country
United States
I have lost a few adult koi in my time. I honored them all by burying them in my yard just like any pet .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Tell me about it weve had nothing but rain this winter so far and with the Jet stream being out of kilter as it is there is alot more to come yet

Dave

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6A
Country
United States
Here is a picture from a while back of some of my fish including one of the 3 silver or white as I call them koi who I lost in the flood and washout. I have to admit that when I first got koi I thought they would be pets but did not expect a real attachment due to the relatively ambiguous interaction since you really only observe them but don't interact like you would with a creature you can pick up. That being said, the loss of the three in particular really struck a nerve and I only hope that I can get more koi once the ponds are repaired and prevention measures are put in place although a flood is not really something you predict nor can you really guard against it 100%. Anyway I did get them buried so in a small way it was comforting to at least know where they were and their fate as bad as it was.
View attachment 88261

I'm sorry for your loss. I lost an auction bought 8" comet once after being in my pond for 24 hours (found its tail and head next to the pond) and I can imagine your grief being ten times more. But you know the best cure for this.... time to get another one.

Ask a Question