having trouble connecting 1.5" hose to adapters

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I am one of the people that uses sump pump hose, super cheap- $25-30 for 24'. Have had it running for over 6 years now with no problems but it is totally contained in the pond. Don't trust it outside of liner.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I am one of the people that uses sump pump hose, super cheap- $25-30 for 24'. Have had it running for over 6 years now with no problems but it is totally contained in the pond. Don't trust it outside of liner.
it helps also that you're in a warmer temp zone; I'd not trust such thin hose here in Michigan in the winter...also, sump pump hose is ribbed/corrugated and with a smoother inside, this version of flex pvc has less friction so less pressure loss.

Reaction score
Country
United States
The saga continues, I purchased the right connectors for my 1.5" tubing and alas the female connector is not threaded the same as my pump and filter. I can turn it about three times and then it sticks. I think if I force it I'll just strip it. Now what?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Good news, I went to a plumbing store to look for an adapter and they said that the three turns was enough and I could go ahead and use the fitting I had. I assembled the filter to waterfall with the 1.5 inch PVC and it worked great. Thanks for all the support!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Great!
I'm glad that you finally got it all together!
It was a bit of a challenge, but hopefully you're good now.

There are just too many ways to do one thing. And to confuse things more, there are so many different fittings, types of pipe or hose and different pipe threads too! (as in your case)

Ask a Question