heavy duty hemp type twine

Reaction score
we are looking for some heavy duty twine and need a lot. we are using it to string between elevated posts surrounding our pond, covering our whole back yard in fact. we string it at about 7-8 feet and for the last many months it has been an outstanding heron deterrent. several times after we put it up deb saw the heron land on the peak of a neighbors roof and just sit there. finally after 4-5 minutes it flew away. this was repeated 2-3 times and we haven't seen it since.

the twine i used for the first build came from lowes in a big roll. the latest roll i bought is much thinner and prone to breaking. i'd like something minimal visually (except to the heron). the current build really is hardly noticable after awhile.

ideas are welcome.

R

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Can you take and post some pictures of what you're doing? I'd like to see, as keeping the herons away is one of the projects on my list!

Reaction score
thanks Addy1. and turtlemommy, sure. right now what i have is kind of a hodge podge of irregular overlapping twine. my upcoming build i hope to make a little more organized and i'll take pictures of that too.

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Masons' twine comes in several bright colours, is VERY strong, but thin. Reasonably priced, too! Home Depot, etc.
John

Ask a Question