Hello from Ajax, Ontario, Canada

Reaction score
Hi i joined this site to get some ideas for a pond that i would like to put in this year or next year. My girlfriend and i just bought a house so now i can have a pond and a saltwater tank. I have a good knowledge of aquarium fish (i have 6 tanks) and plants i just have no real experience with ponds.

Ryan

Reaction score
Welcome Ryan,

My family sounds a lot like yours. Right now we have two reef tanks both 30 gallon cubes. We have kept both fish only salt and a ton of freshwater then my co worker invited me to her house to see her pond and I was hooked. we went full throttle into it. It is not even a year old yet and we are learning all the time. You can click on the link in my signature to see the website. How big of a pond are you wanting to build?

Melissa

Reaction score
Wow that pond is beautiful its 2 weeks till we get our house but i think we will be waiting till next year to put in a pond. The only complaint is there is not enough finished pictures of your pond on that website that pond is gorgeous. I want a pond that is a 1000gal+ because i want to keep koi and they need lots of room. I like the idea of doing a long flowing river but i still need to learn a lot so i will be looking up ideas for the next year before i break ground. Also i live in Canada so i have to take into account the winter affect on the pond and hopefully the river if i can do it.

Reaction score
Thanks! I do have more pics but have not had a chance to post them yet. The plants have gone crazy around the pond and I just added a Lotus yesterday. I will try to get more up this weekend.

Reaction score
Here are some more pics. I will get them on the website soon.

Attachments

• 100_1865 web.JPG
    100_1865 web.JPG
    101.9 KB · Views: 388
  • pond 004 web.jpg
    pond 004 web.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 328
  • pond 005 web.jpg
    pond 005 web.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 360
  • pond 041 web.jpg
    pond 041 web.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 369
  • pond 014 WEB.jpg
    pond 014 WEB.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 326
Reaction score
That is one beautiful pond you sure know how to make me jealous. One day i shall have one too

Reaction score
Hey dude??? Long time no hear...LOL So your thinking about a pond? Well this is the best pond forum fo sure. Dr. Dave and Dr Case are the man and have a wealth of knowledge and of course you know you can always ask me anything you want too. You did know I have a koi pond right???

Rick form fishlore

Reaction score
Yea i read your thread about your 1000 gal koi pond, thats where i picked up the link to this place. I have been thinking about it for a while but since we are 2 weeks till we get out house i figured now would be a good time to start planning it out. Next year though... i can wait.. i think

Ryan from fishlore

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
I have both pond and tanks. There is almost no similarity except both need water quality to maintain life. That said, Google for as much information as you can absorb on filtration, plants, your choice of fish, predators, pond design, pumps, diseases...

We are here to help, however, it helps us for you to make informed inquiries. The more you know about the direction you want to go, the better we can help.

Welcome to the Forum!!!

Ask a Question