sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
solar salt is the same as pond salt and you put that in according to how much water you have in the pond .You can buy a salinity meter but they are not cheap .

Reaction score
I have a hydrometer from my reef tank I can get my ppms dead on yea the water is clerish I have mega over kill filtration I always over clean because my girl loves to over feed I'ma post a pic of my reef so y'all can see my reef skillz with a z.

Reaction score
My reef old pic about 300$ worth of coral ago.
ff7f1207.jpg

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Very pretty..............are there any fish in that last photo cuz if there is I can't find them.............oh wait I think I see maybe a striped one towards the left front there and an oj one too w/ a couple spots on him.

Reaction score
I think they were hiding I have 4 clowns a watchman gobie and a green mandarin dragonet shrimp crabs snails but it mainly a reef don't wanna put fish n my fish tank and get my coral agro. Well I collect some reeds some white plant and hydrangeas I'll post pics cus I can't spell em some I just picked because they were aquatic and looked amazing with white flowers wanted to get Louisisana iris but they are all so small right now they are hard to spot will wait till they are blooming so I can get alota diffrent colors they have thousands of them witting 10 miles of my house in all directions so id rather pick them the. Pay 15 for tiny ones at the plant pond store.

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Welcome aboard fellow Louisianian. Matt use caution if you are still planning on putting a cypress knew in your pond, If you are I don't recommend a fresh cut one at all. If you use one use one that has weathered for several months as they do do leach some. Glad to see you removed most of the rocks from the bottom, they look great at first but as time goes by they usually cause more problems than they are worth. Be sure and check out American water gardens on elysian fields. Great place to get good plants and neat ideas for the water garden. They just don't sell fish. If you want fish and plants Harbs oasis in Baton Rouge is another great store to check out for pond plants and water gardens.

Reaction score
Thank you I went to American aquatics prices are very steep I paid 40$ at the rose garden center for a Lilly tht was bigger then the exact ones at American aquatics for 60$ same supplier label and all but it is beautiful place for sure the gf loved it also we collected quite a bit from the spill way in norco all very nice still waiting on my beautiful louisiana iris to bloom my mom got them like 3 years ago n my yard is full of em also I got some nice in water plants I'm currently qt in a rubbermaid will be n their for a while. Where can I get decent koi under 4 inches for 3-7$ . In destrrhan she has very nice butterfly for 4.99 I got four but I wanna get other types from other places not so much petco.

Reaction score
Welcome aboard fellow Louisianian. Matt use caution if you are still planning on putting a cypress knew in your pond, If you are I don't recommend a fresh cut one at all. If you use one use one that has weathered for several months as they do do leach some. Glad to see you removed most of the rocks from the bottom, they look great at first but as time goes by they usually cause more problems than they are worth. Be sure and check out American water gardens on elysian fields. Great place to get good plants and neat ideas for the water garden. They just don't sell fish. If you want fish and plants Harbs oasis in Baton Rouge is another great store to check out for pond plants and water gardens.
Yea the knee is out not enough space but will put some around it n the garden but not n best laid plant right lmao I'ma check ur pond out any build thread on here?

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
lol I was out of town, was wondering how your build was going.

Reaction score
b7bf8ff8.jpg

bf37d00d.jpg

Since I've removed the waterfall gonna build something more natural looking gonna go get more drift wood it works wonders still trying to figure out how to keep koi from murking my haycin roots but yea it's nice and green not pea soup but def greening up

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I like the look of driftwood, it does add nicely to a pond. The hyacinths, you may need to build a plant ring to protect the roots from the koi, they will eat the heck out of them.

Ask a Question