hello from new orleans

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
i don't start feeding dry food until they are about two to three weeks old. I usually try and get them in the greenest water I and only feed newly hatched brine shrimp if anything. I have no clue which ones are the parents. i didn't even know they breed. I removed all the adults to tear the pond down and they appeared on the third day after the adult fish were removed. I put some inside and some outside. the ones outside that can feed on natural algaes and such are almost double the size of the ones in the fish tank.

Here is the link to my pond build. https://www.gardenpondforum.com/topic/8388-new-pond-build-at-the-log-cabin/

Reaction score
I'll try at 2 weeks and give up to prevent my water from getting funky. Looked at your build wow that's huge and the koi selection is amazing if u need a home for 100-200 fry I'll help u out either way if I make it to global wildlife I def will try to see yours I might just go to hidden oaks even if I dont mak it to global wildlife she has a camp out their it's nice I'll have to get ur number how many gallons would u say ur log cabin pond is skimmed thru for pics so many awesome koi I wish I would of took pics of every koi when it was in the bag. So green water is better then brine shrimp u say it makes me nervous be ause I like doing it the best way I'll def look into that thanks for the link made things alot easier.

Reaction score
Update ive lost 2 koi the full 3 year old butterfly and a 6 month old black and white butterfly started treating with salt about a week ago and started using ich cute about 4 days ago alot less flashing everbody looks better gonna finish out the treatment and see how it goes also finally got my 30 gallon palm tree planter bog/settle filter
caee84a5.jpg

Gonna get another planter pot and turn it Into my new matching biofilter gonna raise off the ground about 6 inches higher then the bog so I can just 90 into the bog like it Is now hope this works
9547ad17.jpg

Reaction score
Yea it sucks but everything is getting much better it just needs time is all my pond is now running a little salty hopefully it helps everybody seems to be much more healthy def glad I added another filter for plants and settling and all the good little cleaner bugs my ko would otherwise eat I'll probbly throw some fry in it when they get bigger got alot to go around will get pics today

Ask a Question