Hello from Philadelphia

Reaction score
Country
United States
WELCOME ... ok so what kinda ideas are you looking for ? how to control the algae? what type of algae or aquatic plants are growing in the pond do i see pickerel rush ? more pics help for what ever questions you m ight have
Yes we have pickerel and some other plants I will post picks of. Starting using a fountain to control algae and now I have a leak under the waterfall and even though this is more of a garden pond forum I was looking for ideas to fix the leak and rebuild the waterfall. I have bentonite with a rock wall dam no liner. Hoping to find some honest reviews of soilfloc? Have seen some people claiming of killed fish and I sure don't want that! Also thinking of pouring concrete for a new waterfall foundation?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
A poured concrete if done right can be a long term solution but it is harder to make it look natural. Even with setting stone into the concrete. Rebar and a footing will be required for a long term build. Which can get a bit pricey as well as time consuming .

Rubber / Epbm can be used to where you can make even up to a 4 foot water fall in a day. With some equipment and some thought.
If you look on you tube at videos from team aquascape and Atlantis gardens and several others I think you'll be impressed at just how impressive a water fall can be. And looking at your pond it looks like you could make a 4 foot tall falls look like it was coming out of the woods or a stepped falls. Add some size to the boulders and it could really stand out and look amazing .

Ask a Question