Hello from Philadelphia

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi, I have .1 acre pond fed from black horse creek in chester county Pa. Pond has a waterfall in dam feeding a spillway and returning to creek. Loaded with fish and all types of aquatic life!

TheFishGuy

( Insert something funny )
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
4b or 5a
Country
United States
Welcome to the forum! Sounds more like a natural pond than a garden pond, but there are some members here with natural ponds ( I believe? )

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well it is man made but it is not a garden pond for sure. Just fishing for some ideas. No pun intended

Reaction score
Country
United States
Resized_20200614_115130.jpeg
Resized_20200614_115248.jpeg

It's a lot of work but we enjoy it

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
WELCOME ... ok so what kinda ideas are you looking for ? how to control the algae? what type of algae or aquatic plants are growing in the pond do i see pickerel rush ? more pics help for what ever questions you m ight have

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I'd think any stocking of fish in your pond even if they are found in the stream that feeds your pond will require an environmental review and permit G O O D L U C K WITH THAT

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'd think any stocking of fish in your pond even if they are found in the stream that feeds your pond will require an environmental review and permit G O O D L U C K WITH THAT
Tpost: 447834, member: 10026"]
[/QUOTE]This pond has been supporting a thriving ecosystem for over 20 years. Numerous types of fish, mud bugs, frogs. turtles a few snakes, dragonflies and a some unwelcome heron and muskrats. Unfortunately no goldies or koi yet. I personally have not introduced anything. Mother nature at her best!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I'm just speaking from having worked with many environmentalist from all over the country. And personal experience where a condo association tried to control algae in a pond. The desired solution was grass carp but they had to install a gate across the in and out feed and the fish had to be sterilized.

Ask a Question