Hello from the North Coast!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5/6
Country
United States
That's Ohio if you didn't know! Here's a little backround.. our pond started July 2012 as a 100 gallon saltwater reef pond, yes a reef. Worked fantastic for a summer so we could redo our big saltwater aquarium. The next year we went as a freshwater pond and for 7 yrs it was great.. This past 4th of July as my 61st birthday we finally upgrade and expanded to darn near 1500 gallons. Now it's a proper pond. And what plants had been crowded my small pond are now looking pretty sparse! We are still waiting for the thing to clear out and my 3 big goldfish are loving the space, in fact for the 1st time I saw the spawn just yesterday! It's going to be a long project but can't wait for all the fun things to start.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Welcome! Wow, a reef pond. What a novel idea! Even for a short time, it must have been fantastic. This forum has the brightest, most creative aquatic aficionados. Again, welcome.
Stephen

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5/6
Country
United States
Welcome! Wow, a reef pond. What a novel idea! Even for a short time, it must have been fantastic. This forum has the brightest, most creative aquatic aficionados. Again, welcome.
Stephen
Looking at some old pictures and It was 2009 we did the reef not 2012.. Oops senior moment..
It was neat.. My corals and fish loved it once they got used to being in actual sun! We built a "reverse skimmer" that worked like a waterfall, keeping it cool became an issue but having a large tarp for shade worked well. I'll try to post a picture of two of you'd like? We ran the salt pond from July to mid Oct that year.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
welcome and we all have senior moments .I love that we can all have that love of ponding ,it can be a headache at times also .I retired here but feel like I never retired

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
upload_2018-7-17_15-49-47.gif
@ramoth41

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Welcome to our group! of ponding fanatics

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5/6
Country
United States
We come. Would love to see your pictures.
I attempted to post some shots here.. I think I did it in the right place.. Lol. But here is what we started with .. It looks great in this shot but we had a major crash and turned out we needed to remove all of the substraight. After 20 years the sub straight turned in to concrete

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5/6
Country
United States
I posted the other shots on the media page it's out of order though! Is there a way to fix that?

Ask a Question