Hello - My name is Monica - I'm thrilled to find this forum.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
There is a ponds plus online i have seen for years but i have no good or bad in working with them

Cichlidboy

Dandridge TN cichlids not goldies
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Hi there! My name is Monica. I purchased a home and inherited a pond in September of 2020. I have been learning, reading, trying things and basically falling deeply in love with my new hobby that I never planned for or expected. I have been reading through years worth of old posts here trying to learn as much as I can. I am thrilled to see that this is a very friendly forum full of kind people who like to share information with each other - that isn't always easy to find on the internet!

I live in USA, midwest, Zone 6a. I will attach some photos that I took of the pond last year. The previous owner built this pond and never had fish. I added fish last year (shubunkin, goldfish and rosey red minnows). I basically love my fish as though I gave birth to them, and will do whatever it takes to keep them healthy, safe and happy. I am not sure how many gallons my pond is? It seems big to me, but I understand that is relative. There is an approximately 100ft stream that is pumped underground from the pond. There is a waterfall feature with a bog up top.

I am always looking for an excuse to put on my waders and get in the pond to do maintenance. I have a very very heavily tree populated yard, so I did invest in a pond vacuum and have already done a couple of cleanings this spring to get out some of the muck. I covered the pond over winter, but things still got in here and there.

I have put a camera on my bog and throughout my day check into watch the very active birds splashing, wiggling and singing.

Thank you for reading, I hope that I will be a valuable participant in this group. I am so so so excited for warmer weather and a pond spring/summer, that I feel like a child on Christmas Eve! I will stop blabbering on now and share some pics. All the photos I am sharing are from late spring. Unfortunately, we had a very violent hail storm in early July that pummeled and ruined every hasta, my water lilies & lotus in my yard for the remainder of the seasons (along with my roof and some windows). The hail was also very stressful for the fish - with the rapid water change and debris in the pond. They all made it though!

Okay - I started blabbering again. Thanks for reading.

Monica
Welcome and very beautiful all of it very lush and green and beautiful stream

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
That was a pond that was well loved by it's previous owner... and lucky to have inherited a new owner that will love it just as much! It's just lovely.

And yes - we ARE friendly and helpful and also a bit funny. We get a little rambunctious over the long winters, but you won't find a group more eager to offer advice and assistance. Lots of different kinds of ponds here, too, which is great. Someone will always have experience with whatever issue you're dealing with.

Welcome to the GPF @Moni_Pond !

Ask a Question