Hello to everyone!

Reaction score
I am sooo excited to be part of this forum! I've been reading threads/topics for a bit now and have learned a whole lot more already. Can't wait to be part of it!
My love of this hobby started five years ago; a tiny little oasis outside my bedroom window, with a 60 gal preformed pond that has a crooked little spill over pond above it. I could, and still do, sit on my bed and watch it and it's inhabitants what seems like forever lol. For such a small place it is surprisingly teaming with life! Two subunkins, three fancy tails, 4 frogs, and new this year dragonflies and I inherited a small start of a Water Lilly from a friend and was looking into the bottom at night with a flashlight ( please don't ask, lol, my husband thinks I'm crazy :D ) and it seems I have two TIny Fry!!!
This summer I convinced hubby to start digging a new pond! So he started digging thru top soil ( not too hard ), then a foot of crushed rock?!?!? ( still trying to figure out where that came from being in center of my back yard lol ), then he hit the reeeeeally hard clay :( and I felt sorry for him it's been around 100- 104 for weeks, bless his heart. Sooo.... I ended up with a 10x6x3' hole ( Dont worry, ive already started another one to add to it!! ) and a waterfall and I am extremely happy with it! Still a work in progress, and I tried my hand at a DIY up flow Bio filter, made myself BTW :D
Anywho, ill stop babbling lol, glad to be here! :D
Wendy~

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
smileywelcome687.gif

to our group glad you joined!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forums! Sounds like you've accomplished a lot already! Have you got any photos?

Ask a Question