sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
welcome and congrats on your new home and pond .Funny but we are seeing more and more people on here lately that bought homes and got a pond .

Reaction score
Thank you all! I am so excited, I have wanted a pond for years, but never had the extra money for one. And now I have one!

I have been working on it off and on for the last few days. Today we had snow.....in May. This is very unusual. More of the same is expected tomorrow, so the plants that I received from Country (Thank you Patti) are in a temporary bog, and the lilies are in my aquarium. Everything seems to be perking up from the trip.

Also, my neighbor recently moved in, and she has severe allergies. She has offered me all of her flowers. Day lilies, Tulips, Iris, Daffodils and some others. So I have lots of things to fill the bare spots.

After the cold spell, I see lots of digging in my future. :)

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
well sounds like a real win for you congrats and seem winter just wants to hang on for dear life

Reaction score
Yes it does.

I did get some work done this afternoon. It isn't done, and I hate the green hose and I need to........

Attachments

• IMG_20130503_192443.jpg
    IMG_20130503_192443.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 144
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Hey, Taz, what a neat idea, look like you made a bog in the middle of your waterfall! Cool .... and no worries about the green hose, that will be gone eventually, just enjoy what you have accomplished so far, which is a LOT! Holy cow, sounds like you have tons of plants to plant up around your new pond. Have fun. Hope you're not having tons of rain like we are here. Wet out there, water standing in the fields, but ponds got fresh new drink of water, so didn't have to top them off after 80's earlier this week dehydrated them an inch or so.

Reaction score
Thanks! I was going to ask if this would work for a mini bog. You answered it for me. It is only about 6 or so inches deep.

The weather has been crazy here, Thursday we had rain, freezing rain and snow. Yesterday ended up pretty nice, but that North wind was brutal. When working hard, it felt pretty good. :) Today it is raining. Thankfully it isn't the snow they were predicting. We have been in a drought for the last 2-3 years. So many farmer's ponds need water, it isn't even funny. So I will take the wet weather. ;)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
That mini bog will work perfectly, Taz. Lots of plants can grow in there. Wish I had sent you some Creeping Jenny. You could put some on the outer edges, and it would grow in and out of the bog. If you find just one plant at local nursery, buy it. It spreads fast, can grow in the dirt and spread, or on the edge of a pond and spreads in and around the water. Here's what some did that I put on the outer edge of the waterfall. And, not only is it a pretty green plant, but it has tiny yellow flowers in late spring. Mine have not bloomed yet.
Creeping Jenny on waterfall edge.JPG

Reaction score
Thanks Patti! I will look for it.

I found a picture of what the pond looked like when we moved in.IMG_20120824_172215.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Wow, totally agree with Addy. I would not have even know there was a pond under all that brush and junk. You have come a long way, and seems like you're enjoying every minute of your "rebuild"!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
CountryEscape said:
Wow, totally agree with Addy. I would not have even know there was a pond under all that brush and junk. You have come a long way, and seems like you're enjoying every minute of your "rebuild"!
you would have found out real fast after you got wet .I agree what a change and what a lot of work .

Reaction score
Thanks! I had no idea it was there when I came to look at it. A sparkle on the water caught my eye.

Ask a Question