sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
my son started working at ford motor like the rest of us did in NJ and then the Edison plant closed and he took the buy out .He has 4 other trucks he did and he never had any training .He is a mechanic and certified electrician and plumber .He put in my electrical for my pond and put them on switch's that he ran into the closet in the master bedroom ,So if any thing happened I could turn off different outlets at the ponds.I think everyone should do that .It has saved my pond several times during storms here .He did that after 1 winter when we got a sudden cold spell and pond almost emptied out from a hose that got turned sideways .Almost lost all my fish in only a foot of water was left and ice had hidden it all .When the ice caved in is when I saw it .

Reaction score
Yep. I have visited a few times but it has slowly died off. It was real active for quite a while. A lot of real knowledgeable koi people.

I thought that was you Addy! Nice to "see" you again! Yes, that forum did die off. I wondered what happened to it.

Reaction score
my son started working at ford motor like the rest of us did in NJ and then the Edison plant closed and he took the buy out .He has 4 other trucks he did and he never had any training .He is a mechanic and certified electrician and plumber .He put in my electrical for my pond and put them on switch's that he ran into the closet in the master bedroom ,So if any thing happened I could turn off different outlets at the ponds.I think everyone should do that .It has saved my pond several times during storms here .He did that after 1 winter when we got a sudden cold spell and pond almost emptied out from a hose that got turned sideways .Almost lost all my fish in only a foot of water was left and ice had hidden it all .When the ice caved in is when I saw it .

Interesting on the electric and a good idea!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I thought that was you Addy! Nice to "see" you again! Yes, that forum did die off. I wondered what happened to it.
I think the admin had something come up and the maintenance became to much. They were mainly koi people, me being a gold fish person didn't have much to offer i.e. koi health. I was the mod of the goldfish garden pond section. Never could get a lot of interest going.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
My sons idea and it has saved me several times .The switch's are in the master closet in a box he built for them with a door on it so no accidentally turn offs on turn ons .Like he said mom you are not getting any younger and the steps out to the pond from the front porch can ice up .I have security cameras to watch the pond and they have helped after 2 dogs the last couple of years have fallen in my pond .Plus deer drinking from the pond and then the raccoons we had .

Reaction score
I think the admin had something come up and the maintenance became to much. They were mainly koi people, me being a gold fish person didn't have much to offer i.e. koi health. I was the mod of the goldfish garden pond section. Never could get a lot of interest going.

I remember how you made that lily pond out of a buried stock tank in one day! Garden pond forums are less intense and less...um...fussy? I couldn't muster up interest in a koi club around here so I hear you on theinterest thing.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I remember how you made that lily pond out of a buried stock tank in one day!
Dig a hole, put it in, add water flow ==== pond. It turned out to be my lotus pond. 1/2 filled with kitty litter, ZERO CLEANING EVER, it gets fed dirty water from the big pond, I let the leaves etc (not all but a lot) rot in there. Never fertilize the lotus they get enough food. I had a few fish in it that wandered in via eggs that made it through the pump, down the garden hose, down a water fall, pass the first small pond to the next. But they disappeared when the heron visited. I don't net that pond, can't with the huge lotus that grow in it.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Dig a hole, put it in, add water flow ==== pond. It turned out to be my lotus pond. 1/2 filled with kitty litter, ZERO CLEANING EVER, it gets fed dirty water from the big pond, I let the leaves etc (not all but a lot) rot in there. Never fertilize the lotus they get enough food. I had a few fish in it that wandered in via eggs that made it through the pump, down the garden hose, down a water fall, pass the first small pond to the next. But they disappeared when the heron visited. I don't net that pond, can't with the huge lotus that grow in it.
life will find a way

Ask a Question