cas

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Welcome to the forum!
Planning the pond will be fun. Lots of information here to get you started.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Welcome to the forum!
Planning the pond will be fun. Lots of information here to get you started.

btw, cas is our 'professional' design guide coach; for the really wild and wacky, ya gots ta enlist the OTG! Unless you LIKE all that sensible stuff....sniff

:D:eek::oops::rolleyes::cool:

TheFishGuy

( Insert something funny )
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
4b or 5a
Country
United States
Welcome, Glad you came over to the party bus! I can assure you it is cheaper than reefing, so set your sights on something awesome!

My current reef tank upgrade is running in the $2k range for total equipment ( only 30g ) and my pond was about $500-700 total for a 1800 gallon setup.

Ida

Pond noob
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
South Africa
@Chrisv well good then you have a bunch of time to learn all about what there is to offer before you dig into all! I started out too w/aquariums when just a kid and had them for years. Too much work now as to all that cleaning etc. Enjoy the ponding now and seems easier in a way. Wish tho I would have built a bog onto my pond but I had no knowledge on that when I built it. So that is something to keep in mind for you. Bogs keep your pond water sparkling clean. If you want to get into koi you will need a very large pond. I just have goldfish and my faves are the Shubunkins w/there koi like colors but goldfish size. Way cheaper too!

Not my Shubunkin fish, just a sample for you to view. Love the ones w/the long tails.

View attachment 146907

View attachment 146908

View attachment 146909
Oh wow, that first one is absolutely gorgeous!! Is that what they call a blue Shubunkin? Almost looks like a butterfly koi… love the colours of the others as well, and the long tails too of course!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Welcome and blieve me you don't want koi . I have learned the hard way. My koi back in 2005 were only a few inch's long and small pond for them was good because I had just had the modular house delivered and had only house and dirt . Then the koi grew and grew and so did my pond every time I ad to rebuild it . Now have over 5 thousand gallon pond and 2 koi that are over 4 feet long . I do love my fancy long tail shubbies , but best is my butt wigglers , I mean fantails ,. They come in many colors and love to swim into my hand for belly rubs . The others just eat out o my hand ,.

Ask a Question