addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
addy, So do you think the forget me not will be okay if I leave it in the floating planter? The roots are not bare, I have them planted in an aquatic media.
IMHO yes, my forgetmenot is shallow rooted stays in the bog, the bog is full of water that does freeze up. So it lives with roots frozen in pea gravel. Comes back gang busters every summer.

Reaction score
Country
United States
076.JPG
047.JPG
043.JPG
Okay so I cleaned my pond and stock tank today. Pulled a lot of plants, trimmed some, big water change and put the spitter away until next spring.

Here is what it looks like now

Reaction score
Country
United States
Here are a few of not so good photos of some of the fish. Oh and I forgot to mention I found two babies in the pond today. A black or olive color and a calico colored one. Couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the first one. I have seen some chasing going on but hadn't seen any babies :D

005.JPG
014.JPG
033.JPG

Reaction score
forgetmenot will come back, I have it in the bog, along the edging of the pond, in the stream it just grows. When I turn off the Bog it stays full of water and freezes all of the plants come back. Any pond plants I just let them stay where they are except the red stem parrots feather. It is in a pot and it gets sank.
Thanks for the tip on the parrots feather.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Colorful fish beta, pond looks good. I wish I could make one of those covers for my pond. I think it might be too big though. I like how easy it would be to lift off and on.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Thanks for the tip on the parrots feather.
The green stem handles the cold the red stem will die, so it gets sank in around 1.5 feet of water.

If you look to the back of this picture, near the bottom of the pot behind the birds, that is red stem parrots feather. I am not home ow would get a better picture for you
It has smaller feathers then the green stem.

I
finch.JPG

Ask a Question