j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Yep your filter would almost have to be used hooked to a tube and suck up the stuff if it does not float. If it floats the filter will get it w/circulation. I would think it would float tho as powder is so fine and might even dissolve.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
How about if, after the filter is up and running, you stir up the bottom a couple times a day? Get the powder up and into the water where it can be filtered out before it all sinks. Might take a few days of stirring but I think it should work.
Barb

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Like a pond vacuum, J.W? That might do it! I'll have to keep an eye open on Craigslist. :( Stirring it up might work, but the pond is so big and the filtration so small that it will take a while. It might be what I'll have to do, though.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Well if you don't want to spend money just do what this guy did using a garden hose. You could hook it up to a pond pump and then if you wanted to you could run the dirty water from the hose back into the pond running it over quilt batting in a pot on the edge of your pond. You could attach a stiffer piece of pvc pole to the garden hose, make it long so you don't have to get into the pond.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Well if you don't want to spend money just do what this guy did using a garden hose. You could hook it up to a pond pump and then if you wanted to you could run the dirty water from the hose back into the pond running it over quilt batting in a pot on the edge of your pond. You could attach a stiffer piece of pvc pole to the garden hose, make it long so you don't have to get into the pond.
Great idea, J.W! The hose fits fairly snugly over the pump, although I will need to use some electrical tape. I have a ten foot pole I can use, but I may still have to go in.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I reported 3 others......................might be more as I haven't checked all the new stuff yet!

Ask a Question