sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
If you want plants you could also use peroxide but in lower doses .It will not harm plants .But a perfectly clean blue look will take lots of work .

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Does anyone remember who the member was who's husband wanted the blue pool liner? Maybe she could check in on what that liner looks like after a bit of time. Let me see if I can figure out who that was!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This is my pond its a L shape. I had drained some of the water out because its been left filthy with no care for a good few months as the house was empty. I just wanting a blue look so wanted to know if its possible and what ideas are about. Someone else suggested i could blue gravel or stuff athe bottom.of the pond etc.

Attachments

• 20180507_154348.jpg
    20180507_154348.jpg
    192.2 KB · Views: 279

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
@Stiggy123 Yes, you can use blue gravel, but what I think everyone is trying to tell you is that you’ll still have to work to maintain that pristine look! Algae and general crud are going to work against you.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
You have your work cut out for you @Stiggy123 in trying to keep it all pristine and blue looking. Maybe you can do it!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I would really think the easiest way would be nothing in the pond and a pond vacuum may help but they are not cheap

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I would really think the easiest way would be nothing in the pond and a pond vacuum may help but they are not cheap
Heck for this blue pond, get a pool liner get the blue get a sand filter a sieve and a drum filter chlorinate the water put your plants in water tight pots and water as necessary you have a sterile pool and your plants in the water at least by look.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
@GBBUDD THERE YA GO! The OP didn’t say if he has a budget, so may be doable! Wonder what the time factor would be, keeping up with the sieve and all (but without fish, shouldn’t be too much extra work)? He already has some Oase equipment. Does chlorine damage equipment?

I have wanted a sieve ever since I first learned about them — but I have a submerged pump, so.....

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Let's break this down

Just moved into my new home which came with a L shape pond. The previous keeper took the fish with him however i have decided im not going to be getting any fish as i dont have the time to look after them.

once you get the pond re establish time to tend to the pond will reduce.

1. Ive started to empty the pond out as it was really filthy. On the lining theis loads of green sticky muck or algae whatever they call it. What is the best way to clean the whole pond out completely so it looks fresh.

normal hose pressure to rinse everything down. do not want to completely clean just rinse.

3. Once ive done all this whats the best way to maintain this clear blue water. The pond is fitted with a oase filtoclear 6000 filter. I dont mind buying something thats slightly better and will keep the water clear. I want to install couple of bell sprinkers in the pond and i already have a waterfall feature which works with the oase system.

Clean any media or pads for filter with a good to very good rinse.

keep in mind to dechlorinate your water.

as far as the "blue" you wish for i can't help you .

but just cause you add a few fish your maintenance will not be to much with or with out.

I have a 7k gallon pond with about 40 fish different types and sizes and a few frogs. i tend to it about 2 hrs total threw out the week

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
This is my pond its a L shape. I had drained some of the water out because its been left filthy with no care for a good few months as the house was empty. I just wanting a blue look so wanted to know if its possible and what ideas are about. Someone else suggested i could blue gravel or stuff athe bottom.of the pond etc.
It looks small enough to put a pool liner over existing liner and could remove it if you Change your mind. Not saying there is anything wrong with a small pond mine isn't much bigger. Just think it might be a lot of work to keep a blue liner clean without lots of chemicals.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
(n)(n)(n) thanks for the help thi k i need to sit down and have s long think about how or what i want to do.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Blue gravel would be hard to
(n)(n)(n) thanks for the help thi k i need to sit down and have s long think about how or what i want to do.
If your water level is not to low.
You could move your pump into the pond as long as it is submersible. If you move it into the pond with a pretty filter it will run your filter and waterfall letting you have plenty of time to think. Good luck and don't give up

Ask a Question