addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Sounds like a becky or ian fix, That is the only thing I could suggest to you.
I can shut down the computer come back to it later fire up and still in the forum, once I open firefox that is.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Maybe something in you computer settings that gets rid of your history every time you leave a site. I have firefox and I have it set to remember my history so I can stay logged into sites. Check your privacy settings as that is where mine was located.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Maybe something in you computer settings that gets rid of your history every time you leave a site. I have firefox and I have it set to remember my history so I can stay logged into sites. Check your privacy settings as that is where mine was located.

Good idea jw, didn't think of the browser. I always set mine to remember. Go to options.

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Well, I may have to find another pond website! The problem isn't logging off, I just leave the computer to go and feed the fish, and when I come back, I've been tossed off the site! Three times today already! Seriously, Addy, if you want to get rid of me, just SAY SO! Or has j.w. placed a hex on my connection? :cry:
John

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Well, I may have to find another pond website! The problem isn't logging off, I just leave the computer to go and feed the fish, and when I come back, I've been tossed off the site! Three times today already! Seriously, Addy, if you want to get rid of me, just SAY SO! Or has j.w. placed a hex on my connection? :cry:
John
lol I have not been on to even notice you enough to kick ya off....................
My one dvr system is kicking itself off, according to the support peeps it is the upload speed, it needs x to stay on and with the two I have minus x, the older system is kicked off, maybe you have something hogging your bandwidth and it chooses the gpf to kick off.

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Now THAT makes sense! The old Vista is getting slower by the day, and now it won't even let me download pictures any more. Maybe it's time to replace it!? o_O
John

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I finally replaced my xp lappy, upgraded our cable modem and router, it does make a difference. My wireless lappy is as fast as my wired old lappy was, if not faster.

SO yes upgrade, if you wanna...............lol I promise I am not kicking you off the site.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Don't know if you have Costco up there but they had some nice Dells on sale w/ win 7 still on them last time we were there. They were desktop ones. Think they were $600 or so.

Ask a Question