Here we go -- FINALLY! A pond for wildlife...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
What I have learned from the forum so far is that GBBUDD loves instagram, Addy1 thinks every pond should have a bottom drain, Lisak1 the more fish the better especially koi, combatwombat would never, ever use a bigger pipe than the outlet size, bagsmom loves working in clay, and everyone loves exactly the same size stones around a perfectly round pond, so I think I am in good shape for my project;)

You're a quick study!

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
I spotted my first two baby goldfish today! They are probably about 3/4" long. One is white and orange and the other one is -- strange. I am guessing that someone actually raising fish would cull this guy. When he swims, he kind of goes in a spiral upwards and then sinks down. I did a water test and everything is good. All the other fish are good. My guess is some kind of birth defect, maybe? He was in the intake bay and I tried to catch him but had no luck. It is amazing how difficult it is to catch a fish, especially in a decent sized pond.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Those DANGED DEER!
I can't wait to get the trail cam up and running to see how these deer are getting in to cause trouble. The fishing line "deterrent" seems completely undisturbed. The rocks all look undisturbed as well. I don't see signs that they are jumping in.
Lilies have been munched to nothing again.
I think these deer have wings.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Yep, you are going to wish there were higher barriers of entry to this Forum;)
Trust me bud IF they can deal with me for five years, the ground is already broken in . Only lost a handful in that time. I MAY NOT SUGER COAT my impression of a project but i could stand to take a couple minutes in seeing how else the words could be interpreted but that's just not my forte' . So straight up is what comes to be

Ad

Advertisements

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Donor
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Trust me bud IF they can deal with me for five years, the ground is already broken in . Only lost a handful in that time. I MAY NOT SUGER COAT my impression of a project but i could stand to take a couple minutes in seeing how else the words could be interpreted but that's just not my forte' . So straight up is what comes to be
NO KIDDING!
But most of the time good info.

Ask a Question