j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Good luck SarahT !! Cat 3 is nothing to take lightly....I am hoping it doesn't turn like Ian and hit south but then again I hope you don't get hit hard either!
Oh darn, I had to look this up! Hadn't heard anything about it but it could be bad: https://www.wftv.com/news/local/ida...visories-expanded/4JTJUCT5JNCIFJP2MA4CTD32C4/
Hoping and praying for the best outcome for all of you affected by this Idalia storm
Sml pray.gif

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I've been watching some coverage on the Weather Channel the past five days or so. They've been actively focusing on Wednesday morning as landfall. Hopefully with the early forecasting, people have prepared themselves.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
As a Floridian I appreciate all of the concern for our wellbeing...I am in Sarasota and aside from picking up branches in and around my pond all morning I am happy to report that it was not as bad as Ian was here, ( I am not on the water though thank goodness)...SarahT is further North and that concerns me since we haven't heard anything from her....Hopefully she got out of Dodge....It hit us around 5 PM yesterday and is still coming in waves, some are pretty strong....at least we didn't lose power, that's the worst!!!! I feel so sorry for those that got a direct hit:(

YShahar

Enthusiastic duct-tape engineer
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
Israel
Glad to hear that you are all right!

Ponds come through OK? ( Yeesh, sounds like a throwback to army days : "Personnel all right?" Pregnant pause. "Weapons systems?" ;-) )

But hoping to hear that everyone is safe and sound!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b/10a
Country
United States
Thanks for all GPF concerns. All is well for me and the fish in Florida. I was already out of town before any storm warnings (I'm back home now) and out of internet access, so couldn't easily give updates. I'd already left the place semi-storm ready (light weight things in the garage) and a friend went over and moved medium weight things into the garage, too. I'm on high ground (go ahead and laugh - that means 37 feet above sea level) and 1/2 mile inland from the Gulf, behind a barrier island, so I have more concerns about wind, as I have a VERY big oak tree and a couple of other trees near the house, which I keep trimmed and they came through with no damage, just a few sticks down here and there.

Whew. Thanks again, Global Pond Friends.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Thanks for all GPF concerns. All is well for me and the fish in Florida. I was already out of town before any storm warnings (I'm back home now) and out of internet access, so couldn't easily give updates. I'd already left the place semi-storm ready (light weight things in the garage) and a friend went over and moved medium weight things into the garage, too. I'm on high ground (go ahead and laugh - that means 37 feet above sea level) and 1/2 mile inland from the Gulf, behind a barrier island, so I have more concerns about wind, as I have a VERY big oak tree and a couple of other trees near the house, which I keep trimmed and they came through with no damage, just a few sticks down here and there.

Whew. Thanks again, Global Pond Friends.
Glad to hear you two are OK.

I know some may find this disturbing but I couldn't be happier. Reiley Grimes won her lawsuit regarding men competing against women in her sport anyways . I know many people who were beyond serious about there sports/their life, early mornings being driven by their parents to the pool or to the hockey rink. Traveling across the country to compete in what they worked so hard for. I couldn't be happier for her. Though she may not have had her name called as the winner and was not on the top podium. She does not need to race again. She won in so many ways for Her self and so many others Congratulations to her and all upcoming future stars.

Ask a Question