sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
sorry you had a bad day at work but at least you have a relaxing pond to come home too .Sometimes just hearing the water is relaxing .I hope tomorrows better .

pondlover

Life is good today!
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Thanks Sissy. Coming home and mulching around my pond helped alot. It's a tremendous stress reliever to work in my yard. Picked up 2 yards of mulch on my lunch hour yesterday and hope to get more by Friday. Working in the Court system and I need it! I'm looking forward to the time change this weekend so I can get an extra hour of daylight in after work.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
What kind of work do you do, PL? I work for an attorney, that's why I ask ....
Your pond is soooo clear! Great going. So glad it cleared up so quickly. I looked back on my pond, couldn't see past first 6" at first, and everyone kept saying, "Give it time" It seemed like months, but I think it was just over 10 days. LOL We get really anxious, but in time it all comes out for the best. Be sure to post more pics of your new plants when they come in. What type did you get?

pondlover

Life is good today!
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
CE I work as a deputy clerk in the court room. Some days are very frustrating. Today was one of them. Before moving to TN two years ago I worked for a law firm doing everything from civil to probate to bankruptcies.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Nice! Yes, I bet working in the courtroom can be VERY frustrating! You see it all and then some! I work for an Assistant Attorney General. We do only paternity and child support establishment/enforcement for the State. Been at my job since 1995, and love it! Have a super attorney I work for, too, and that makes all the difference in the world. We both agree that neither can retired until the other is ready to as well. LOL

pondlover

Life is good today!
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
My wonderful husband took this morning off to work on the retaining wall area behind the filter. So far this is how it's going to look. Hubby is going to add a hinged door of some kind on the box that is covering the drain. Before we permanently stake in the retaining wall I will staple some pieces of pond liner to the back of timbers so they don't rot.

You can also see some of the mulch I've put down. All of the remaining dirt area will also be mulched and plants put in. I have some Day lillies tha I plan on separating from other flower beds and will plant some in this area.

retaining wall 2.jpg retaining wall.jpg

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have some of those timbers around the yard here, probably put in by the original owner years ago. They are still in decent shape.

That is looking great pl

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
PL he is doing a nice job w/ your wall and it's all coming along great! The Day Lilies will add some nice color to the area too.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I had them around a flower garden and after 2 years they started to rot .They just don't treat wood very good and being that it is young wood it does not help

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Oh, PL, it is all looking so great! I'm just loving watch all you and your husband's hard work come together. Can I make a request for more pics of the pond from all sides? I know you have posted them, but you've moved rocks around and the water is clear and the waterfall is running, and I'd like to see it ALL again! Pleeeeeeease! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

pondlover

Life is good today!
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
CE I will take more pics this weekend and post from all sides. Maybe we will have the retaining wall done and I plan to put some annuals in the space between the wall and tank. My thoughts are in overdrive and I just want to stay outside and work on things. My husband said he's going to get me one of the hats like the seven dwarfs wear that has a flashlight on it. LOL I am really proud of how far we've come but I know how much we have to do still. We took last weekend off and went to the river and opened our camper and did a little fishing. Once the weather stays warmer continuously we will be gone most weekends. It's work work work for me now and I am loving every minute of it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
You have inspired me to get going on my goldfish pond, so that the koi can have the larger pond. So, this weekend I'm going to get the shovel into the dirt, if we don't get too much rain before the weekend that is. :)

pondlover

Life is good today!
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Take pics to share CE.... your build has helped to keep me excited about this whole process.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Oh, trust me, you will get tired of all the pics. LOL But, yes, I will take pics. Just hoping the rains don't damper my begin on Sat. But, like you, with the daylight savings kicking in on Sat. night, I'll be able to work on it evenings after work, too. Sometimes a person can get quite a lot done in just a couple of hours of time. You hit it harder knowing that you don't have to work on it for 8 hours, so you work harder for shorter period of time. My mind is still running full speed, trying to figure out the stream and how high above ground level for the goldfish pond, etc. But, it will all work out. I'm one that does just so much figuring on paper, then I just DO IT. :)

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
My hubby wanted it all drawn out, so I drew it out sort of. Then just dug, it all came together with just a little tweaking.

Ask a Question