Hi from Arthur Ontario

Reaction score
This is my third pond and this time exclusively Koi with a planted area. Depth 4' and in planted area 2' Planted area is next to outlet from filter over water fall and then the main pond is segregated by a rock wall which lets the water through but not the fish.The pond has been running about 2 months now and I am plagued by algae. The pond has 6 koi 5" long and is not overfed. The pond does face south so it receives alot of sun but the algae seems excessive. Any solutions please.
Alan

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Welcome and you can use a toilet bowl brush to remove it and if it is on rocks you can turn off your pump and spray it with peroxide and wait 10 or 15 minutes and turn pump back on and i then use quilt batting in a crate with pond hose running into it to pick up the fine dead stuff .

Reaction score
Welcome! :wave:
Lots of plants, bare root, in the pond or a bog. Floating plants will help shade the pond also. And as DrCase suggested, a sail cloth may be in order until you get it under control.

Ask a Question