Hi there. New member and pond novice.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by LorraineT, Jul 11, 2016.

1. LorraineT

Mmathis TurtleMommy

@mgmine You were a little behind. I do that sometimes. You have to go back and read through all the posts. In the meantime, I think that @LorraineT has rebounded from and learned a lot.

Mmathis, Sep 13, 2016
    1. Advertisements

2. LorraineT

sissy sissy

yep pond cleaners can be the death of a pond .Clean water clean pond means a not so healthy pond .To many people want that clean pond and that is not a pond it is a fish tank :);)

sissy, Sep 13, 2016
    Meyer Jordan likes this.
    1. Advertisements

3. LorraineT

mgmine

Again just sharing an opinion. But I'm not sure why you bothered asking anyone on this site for their opinion if the Kodama's already gave you one. By the way how did that work out? But lets take a look at what I said

"Here is what I am reading... that your fish died the day after the pond was drained and cleaned. So to keep your new fish alive you have started down the trail of adding chemicals after chemicals.
    So far sounds correct doesn't it? Barley, bacteria, baking soda and who knows about the chlorine... I go on to say...

It sounds like the pond company is trying to cover their mistake by selling you stuff that you don't need.( Is this the opinion part that you don't like?)The fish died for a reason just like Meyer said. They were poisoned. They were either poisoned with a washing solution or they were partially killed in what ever vat they put them in while they were washing the pond. Fish just don't die overnight unless something is drastically wrong.

Sounds to me like I am accusing the pond company and not you and pointing out the obvious. Do you read anywhere in here that I say it was your fault for having the pond washed? No you felt bad enough already I wasn't about to point out your first mistake. It was done and couldn't be undone. Now you move forward so what you do in the future to your pond is on you.

Putting all the stuff in that you are now putting in is not doing them any good. In the future just let the fish be.

So that is what I said, read the above line over again, the last line of my "blasting" to you. And for that you blasted me. In addition you felt it necessary to throw in an insult in.

"Have no idea what you could possibly think that I'm doing to my fish but you are a couple of dollars short and several days late."

After all you went through you still say
    "IF the need should arise to add chemicals to FIX a problem so I can SAVE my fish then I absolutely will do what's necessary. "

Well good luck.

mgmine, Sep 14, 2016
  4. LorraineT

Mmathis TurtleMommy

The purpose of this forum is for people to learn how to maintain a garden pond, with or without fish. We all have to start somewhere and we all make mistakes. The difference between those who succeed and those who don't is all about learning from our own mistakes and from the mistakes of other people. But we can't learn from anything if no one tells us about their successes and their failures. And they can't learn anything if they choose not to network and share here on GPF, or on similar forums.

I love hearing about the successes and failures of everyone here. Their situations may not ever happen to me, but the stories broaden my knowledge and provide insight.

Mmathis, Sep 14, 2016
    Meyer Jordan and Feddy like this.
  5. LorraineT

Usman

I think u must have observed , Its funy that fishes keep therre home very clean , i blocked few times part of pond from fishes then it gets realy dirty with dirt and algae,fungus ,roten leaves etc. fishes koi gf keep things shaking. Munching from walls and floor so it feeds filter.

Usman, Sep 15, 2016
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question