Hiding pump hose

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Any tips on hiding this ugly thing? I had ordered this, of course I wanted it to be black which gives less eye sore, it ended up gray cause I guess the store just doesnt care, nonetheless I don't want it to be seen at all whether black or gray. Hiding the part near the pump it is next to impossible even if you hide most of it. It sticks out like a sore thumb unfortunately, probably cause its gray, back doesn't stick out as much.

You can hide it I guess by burying the pump or use some sort of shell, but then debris is probably not gonna get in

362701790_1681985578975974_8388114931266450617_n.jpg

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Hmmmmmmmmmm, well could you bury part of it? Then maybe a hollow tree stalk, it could even be curved. Or maybe a bunch of plants all over the place? Rocks, slate, driftwood. Rock on a roll. Or all of the above.

Reaction score
Country
United States
The part in the water will get a coating of algae. I still covered mine with bigger rocks to hide it, knowing I can disturb them if I need to get the pump out to unclog it.

The part out of the water I just scraped away a little trench put the tubing in and covered it back with extra rocks if needed.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I slit a long piece of plastic tubing for extra protection. wrapped it around the cord , dug a trench and bury it under the landscape rocks that make up my yard.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I slit a long piece of plastic tubing for extra protection. wrapped it around the cord , dug a trench and bury it under the landscape rocks that make up my yard.
That was just for the power cord though.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
That was just for the power cord though.
Power cord is barely noticeable, very easy to bury also. I think what I'm gonna try to do is piece together some sort of bark enclosure for the hose, although it'll rot so not sure how it'll work. But it should make it look natural.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
PVC is my go-to solution for most things. Now, is this the tubing or the power cord? Make a PVC sleeve, then disguise that as several have already mentioned, or partially bury it — the PVC will protect it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
PVC is my go-to solution for most things. Now, is this the tubing or the power cord? Make a PVC sleeve, then disguise that as several have already mentioned, or partially bury it — the PVC will protect it.
This is tubing, from pump to filter. The power cord is actually not a problem at all, very easy to disguise.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Power cord is barely noticeable, very easy to bury also. I think what I'm gonna try to do is piece together some sort of bark enclosure for the hose, although it'll rot so not sure how it'll work. But it should make it look natural.
Bark might last longer if you sprayed it with flex seal or something.

Reaction score
Country
United States
If you have an piece of the underlayment, you could wrap the hose in it and zip-tie it. That will protect it from physical damage and sunlight, then bury it/cover it with gravel, mulch, etc.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
I use plants to hide most of my cords and hoses. In the water, they usually turn green with algae and pretty much blend in. Outside the pond, I would bury it.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Hey I just thought of this..............make it into a big long swerving snake looking thing...............I know I'm over the edge this morning, just can't help myself :rolleyes:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
I use plants to hide most of my cords and hoses. In the water, they usually turn green with algae and pretty much blend in. Outside the pond, I would bury it.
Even if algae covers it, it's still a thing floating in the pond, and sticks out.
If you have an piece of the underlayment, you could wrap the hose in it and zip-tie it. That will protect it from physical damage and sunlight, then bury it/cover it with gravel, mulch, etc.
Physical damage is not really a problem. The problem is this hose is so stubborn, you really can't bend it to your will, even though it's specifically called flexible, so adding anything on top of it just makes the problem worse. Outside the pond it's simple to bury.

It seems I'm gonna have to look for this "pond" hose that I received originally, because it seems to handle shaping it a whole lot better compared to this one. It just seems much more wieldy than this "flexible" hose. I don't think this situation is gonna go anywhere with this one.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Any tips on hiding this ugly thing? I had ordered this, of course I wanted it to be black which gives less eye sore, it ended up gray cause I guess the store just doesnt care, nonetheless I don't want it to be seen at all whether black or gray. Hiding the part near the pump it is next to impossible even if you hide most of it. It sticks out like a sore thumb unfortunately, probably cause its gray, back doesn't stick out as much.

You can hide it I guess by burying the pump or use some sort of shell, but then debris is probably not gonna get in

View attachment 159330
In time it will turn greenish brown like everything In the pond. But you could get a limb of a tree cut a slot on one side the length of the limb and tuck the pipe into that trench. You I'll need some weight to keep it down for a year or two.

Ask a Question