Hole in non-kink tubing

Reaction score
Help, I accidently punctured a hole in my non kink tubing running from skimmer to waterfall. It is buried all along the pond. Can I patch the one area? I really don't want to unbury the whole thing and replace it. I would disrupt all the plants growing along side. Suggestions?

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Can you clean the puncture and put a spot of RTV on the hole? Then, while it is still wet, place some electrical tape around it to the hold the RTV. Once it cures (24 hours) it should be good enough to pass water without leaking.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I used the pl black polyurethane roof sealant to fix a hole in one of my pipes, it was not under tremendous pressure, but did have water pressure. Wrapped it with the electric tape so far so good.

Reaction score
You can grab 2 barb fittings which are about 97 cents each. They are in the sprinkler section. One with male threads, one with female threads. Screw them together with a little bit of teflon tape. Cut out the small piece with the hole in it and put in the fitting.

Reaction score
I have used aquarium silicon with great success for holes. It even holds up to my 3000 gal/hr pump. It has been over 2 years since placed and it is till holding and no electrical tape to secure.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
my honey uses electrical tape like others use duct tape! for everything

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
I think I would cut the hose and add the barb fittings, I don't think Tape or silicone or roofing sealent is the best of ideas, That would make me very nervous that it might come loose later and not be a place you want a leak. Barb fittings and two hose clamps are cheap and a lot more permanent fix.

Ask a Question