Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
Full auto! Far out . When I was a jarhead our A2 were select fire with capability for semi auto single shot. Your saying that yours is 3 shot burst or full auto only?

As for me speaking of Canada I did that because most of the anti gun sentiment I see here comes from them. Not that I give a rats butt really,I find them entertaining.
PS: my favorite rifle though is my M1 Garand semi-auto which is chambered in .30-06 and that is the long gun I shoot the most accurate with. Also has a good knock-down power too.

Smaug

God makes perfect. I just dug the hole
Reaction score
Country
United States
It has the ability to fire a single shot but because of the way it has been customized the recoil will not reset the bolt and sometimes won't even eject the spent casing. Basically my dad set it up to be perfect for firing either 3 rnd bursts which I find to be very useful and accurate or full out 900 rpm which I find to be simply beautiful but not super accurate lol
So yiu need the fed stamp for it then?

Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
Yes. It is registered and also has the resale permit but I doubt I would ever let it go. Besides it is next to impossible to purchase one anymore due to the ridiculous limit put on them combined with it being a full auto which is even more restrictions

Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
My dad was a 30+ year US Marine Pilot so he got his NFA stamp automatically when he retired and I don't think he had to pay much if anything at all.

Smaug

Reaction score
Country
United States
My dad was a 30+ year US Marine Pilot so he got his NFA stamp automatically when he retired and I don't think he had to pay much if anything at all.
I never heard of that ,why would he be issued an nfa stamp on retirement. I know several retirees and none of them got that perc.

Smaug

Reaction score
Country
United States
PS: my favorite rifle though is my M1 Garand semi-auto which is chambered in .30-06 and that is the long gun I shoot the most accurate with. Also has a good knock-down power too.
I have fired the garand as well as the m1a and m14 ,very accurate for sure but not as easily mastered as the m16a2 was for the run of the mill recruit.

Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
I never heard of that ,why would he be issued an nfa stamp on retirement. I know several retirees and none of them got that perc.
No, not issued automatically or given without him asking but automatically approved for it due to his obvious firearm experience and already having the firearm available to him.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
@Smaug you provoked an argument. @morewater you rose to the bait.

...their wacked out idea of religion called islam.

@Marshall this is just rude.

I don't have a problem with you discussing guns in the Off Topic forum section. But please - all of you - consider your behaviour, and don't think that because it's off topic means you can just say whatever you like.

Any more trouble here and I'll close the topic.

Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
@Smaug you provoked an argument. @morewater you rose to the bait.

@Marshall this is just rude.

I don't have a problem with you discussing guns in the Off Topic forum section. But please - all of you - consider your behaviour, and don't think that because it's off topic means you can just say whatever you like.

Any more trouble here and I'll close the topic.
I apologize about the comment. I just took the response personal as it would be like me telling you how you should deal with 7/7 even though I don't live in the UK as last time I checked California is in America (where I live) not in Canada ... But the Islam comment was unnecessary I admit that much but will not apologize for anything beyond the religious slur as I feel nothing else I said nor the original post was wrong. Also I think deleting the entire thing might be best because the topic is too much for some members and I would rather it just be deleted vs having to defend my position which as we saw can lead to rude comments in the heat of things.

Smaug

Reaction score
Country
United States
Naw,I simply made a tongue in cheek comment. I think it's a good thread about an interesting subject.

Smaug

Reaction score
Country
United States
No, not issued automatically or given without him asking but automatically approved for it due to his obvious firearm experience and already having the firearm available to him.
If I had know that I would have went ahead and applied for mine when I got out.

Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
If I had know that I would have went ahead and applied for mine when I got out.
You have your Military ID and discharge papers so you should still have the same status and should have no problem getting a permit.

Smaug

Reaction score
Country
United States
Not really into that anymore. Back in the day I was shooting 5 days a week. Now I just work!

Ask a Question